Time to do some organizing! Here on Needle ‘n Thread, whenever I work a major hand embroidery project all the way through and write about it, I like categorize and index the whole project so that all the articles about it are easy to find.
Last week, I started the Mission Rose Project, and this is the index for it. Here’s where you’ll find all the links for the project, in the order in which they appear on the website. As each new progress report appears on Needle ‘n Thread, I’ll link it up here.
You’ll find the main link for the Mission Rose project index under Tips & Techniques in the main menu at the top of the website here. That’s also where you can find all the other lists of other projects I’ve worked through step-by-step and written about.
Mission Rose Project Articles
- Silk Embroidery Fragment that inspired the Mission Rose Project
- Debating About a New Silk & Gold Project
- Choosing the Ground Fabric for the Mission Rose
- Transferring the Mission Rose to Ground Fabric and Framing it Up
- Mission Rose Embroidery Pattern
- Silk Threads – Color Choices!
- The First Large Leaf
- The Second Leaf
- The Second Large Leaf – Fixed
- Small Leaves in Satin Stitch
- Snagging a Leaf – Another Re-Do
- Small Leaf Dilemma
- Working with Soie de Paris – Tips on Working with Filament Silk
- Small Leaves in Long and Short Stitch & Beginning of Rose
- Center Petals of Rose
- Outer Petal Edges
- Continued Satin Stitch on Outer Petals
- Satin Stitch Finished & Stem Color & Thread Decisions
- The Stem
- The Stem is Finished – The Bud Begins
- The Bud is Finished
- Applique Fabric for the Corners
- Applique Finished – with Tips
- Goldwork Foundations – The Felt Foundations for Goldwork Complete
- Beginning the Goldwork
- More Goldwork: The Rose is Almost Complete
- Goldwork on the Rose is Finished
- Goldwork Curls and Leaves
- Goldwork Outlines
- Goldwork on the Bud
- Goldwork Over Blue – a Change of Plans
- Goldwork & Vermicelli
- Slow Progress – Vermicelli, Continued
- Goldwork – Couched Threads on Inner Frame
- First Half of Inner Frame Finished
- Complete Inner Frame in Couched Goldwork
As each new article relating to the Mission Rose is added to Needle ‘n Thread, I’ll post it here!
Also, if you have any questions about the project, feel free to ask them in any of the comment sections on any of the articles, and I’ll do my best to answer them for you!