Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

crinoline ladies

I'm not sure where to post this. I feel in love with embroidery when I watched my great aunt embroider. I used to love all the colours of the thread. She taught me around the age of 9 and at 26 I still adore embroidering. I remember she got a most wonderful transfers of a large crinoline lady in a garden. It was a tray cloth but she framed it and hunting on her wall. I used to spend hours looking at it and saying one day I love to do something like that. I finally feel competent enough to do this but unfortunately I cannot find any transfers of large crinoline ladies. Was wondering if anyone on here came across any? Unfortunately I never know what happened to all her lovely clothes and pictures when she died. They were true master pieces.
GraceL

Re: crinoline ladies

Hi, Grace - if you go to Flickr and search "vintage embroidery patterns" you might come up with the patterns you're looking for. There are quite a few good collections on there. -MC
MaryCorbet

Re: crinoline ladies

Thanks Mary just always wanted to do one.
GraceL