Just a quick little project - again from Mary's E-book "Church Patterns." I love looking at her designs, and recently came across an historical book where this design may have originated from a larger orphrey design. It is so nice having the historical pattern in Mary's E-book all ready to stitch without having to clean it up.
Our church is in need of replacing purificators. So, I gave white work a try. This was intended as a sample piece to try out stitches, worked on muslin. I tried floche for the first time and really liked it!
The white work went so fast, and was relatively easy, once I figured out how to handle the "fan" portion. Unfortunately, it took until the last section before I got the right combination of stitches and direction. While this piece is only a sample worked on muslin, it will be hemmed and used only in an emergency. Real linen will be coming soon, and used on future projects.
- Purificator from Mary's E book: Church Patterns
- PurificatorIMG_9218.JPG (85.42 KiB) Viewed 920 times