[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Welcome! – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

Re: Welcome!

Great new section to the site Mary!!

May I please make one suggestion? I think it would be useful that when a post has a new reply, it is "refreshed" and taken back to the top of the list.

This would keep conversations and topics that may inspire more prolonged discussion current, instead of dying out before their time because they are buried below new topics.

Once discussions have been "finished" they would start to drop down the list as new topics and current dicsussions come to the fore.

I just think it would be easier to navigate, and I think it would make it easier to see when there are replies to topics.

Hope my suggestion isn't too forward - I really love this section of the site and I think it won't take time until "Ask and Share" becomes a favourite part of this site!! :D
I love stitching - I would stitch all day and all night if I could! www.sewnbysaliba.com
SewnBySaliba

This is my first time using a forum type site, if that's what it's called. I do a lot of browsing from off-shoots of your blog but that's all. So I'm feeling a bit lost (if I end up in the men's room I can always say I've come to 'borrow' some...umm... paper?!)but it all seems nicely user friendly and SO interesting, this site, not the men's room!
Congratulations.
KathfromOz

Mary, love this new part of your webpage and love the fact that you are so open and sharing. Your page is the first one I look for when I log on.
Linda
Threads of Love

What a great site! Thanks for all the work you put into this!!!
Hopefully I will get the hang of how to reply or post through here... I've been trying to do so, on the SAL category under the Wip-along related one, but I don't see my messages posted ... let me see if I got it right now 8-)
Life and Crafts, handmade and not by chance!
My New Blog:
My 1st Bambina!

Does it usually take a while for a reply or post to show up (or am I doing something wrong?
Heather

Hi, Heather - Yes, it does, at least at the beginning, while you're still a "newly registered user." After a while, it's automatic. Cuts down on spam!

Thanks,
Mary
MaryCorbet

another great idea, thanks Mary. :D
helenolga

Hi Mary;

You know how when you make a post there is a little button that says 'notify me when a reply is posted'? I was just wondering if there was a way to be notified of new replies if you're not actively involved in the discussion?

There are a lot of topics here that I would like to 'follow' and be notified by email when someone posts a reply, but as I don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation I'm not posting anything because I don't want to clog up the forum just to be able to be notified of new replies...

I hope this makes sense (I think I am confusing myself...)

Zara
I love stitching - I would stitch all day and all night if I could! www.sewnbysaliba.com
SewnBySaliba