Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

Fabric

Dear Mary

I'm trying to buy an all round fabric for small christmas cards that will suit most threads for example dmc, coton a broder, perle cotton, variegated dmc thread, I know I like alba maxima but its quite expensive are there any other fabric that you can suggest which is cheaper but of good quality.

thanks

Regards anita :D
smannet3

Re: Fabric

Hi, Anita - There are linens out there that would work fine for this type of project. Have you checked your local fabric store? For cards and working with those types of threads, I would imagine you want something with a little body. How about looking for a linen or a linen blend, in the clothing section of a local fabric shop? You can sometimes find fun colors, too, that might suit. Another idea is felt - wool felt is pretty nice for cards and such, depending on the look you're trying to achieve.

~MC
MaryCorbet

Re: Fabric

Dear Mary

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I hadn't thought of wool felt what a good idea, I know that tanja sells wool felt and different coloured linen I will look on various web sites and compare prices.

thanks

Regards Anita
smannet3