Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

Cursive writing embroidery

:?: Hello!
I am a newbie here and recently saw some lovely little embroidery with sayings on the fabric in embroidery. I have done in the past needlepoint and cross stitch and would love to start again maybe with this and my question is what kind of stitch do you use for this kind of thing and what kind of needle and thread is the best? Really would love some imput as dont want to waste anything if possible. Also how do you get the writing on the fabric....what is the easiest method? Any help much appreciated! Is there a video on this site you can refer me to! Thanks again!
Marcie

Re: Cursive writing embroidery

Hi, Marcie!

I got your e-mail as well (I'll reply to that, too), but just in case you check back here first...

I'd suggest taking a look at these lessons in hand embroidered lettering: https://www.needlenthread.com/2009/10/ha ... -text.html There's a whole series of lessons there, featuring all kinds of different stitches. You can take a look at each lesson and find the type of stitch you want, and then go from there. You'll find links to the how-to videos within the lessons. They're the how-to videos for the individual embroidery stitches, though - not specific videos for doing text (which is not much different from just following a line...)

Hope that helps!
~MC
MaryCorbet

Re: Cursive writing embroidery

Thank you Mary! A etsy seller told me about this site and its so helpful and wonderful....love the videos! Thanks for the info and will check that out!!
Marcie