About

Mary Corbet

writer and founder

I learned to embroider when I was a kid, when everyone was really into cross stitch (remember the '80s?). Eventually, I migrated to surface embroidery, teaching myself with whatever I could get my hands on...read more

Contact Mary

Connect with Mary

Archives

2024 (30) 2023 (125) 2022 (136) 2021 (130) 2020 (132) 2019 (147) 2018 (146) 2017 (169) 2016 (147) 2015 (246) 2014 (294) 2013 (294) 2012 (305) 2011 (306) 2010 (316) 2009 (367) 2008 (352) 2007 (225) 2006 (139)

Stumpwork Medieval Flora Winner!

Amazon Books

Happy Labor Day, everyone! I don’t know if you noticed my two-day absence, but if you did, I bet you thought I was embroidering my fingers off. Heh heh. I wasn’t. Not the whole time, anyway (though I did manage several 15-minute sessions). I was working. Laboring, actually. And now that it’s Labor Day, I have good cause to celebrate, since I’ve finally accomplished something in the realm of labor!

But all this is neither here nor there! Right now, I will announce the winner of Jane Nicholas’s Stumpwork Medieval Flora.

The lucky winner of this beautiful stumpwork embroidery book is…..

Trish in Columbia, TN, who happens to be working on a stumpwork piece right now, so that works out well for her! Congratulations, Trish – please contact me with your mailing address, and I’ll get that in the mail to you as soon as possible.

Coming up this week on Needle ‘n Thread, I’ll be talking needles, showing you some progress on embroidery projects, posting the next lesson in the Long and Short Stitch Shading Lessons, and sharing some other little embroidery tidbits.

I hope those of you celebrating Labor Day (that’s a federal holiday here in the States) are enjoying your three-day weekend. I’m going to celebrate the day in the most appropriate manner, by getting back to work. I’ve almost caught up enough on school work to have some “legitimate” breathing space, so keep your fingers crossed for me. In the meantime, I’ve fallen deplorably behind on e-mail, so if you are expecting to hear from me, don’t give up hope! I’ll catch up soon!

Enjoy the day!

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(9) Comments

1. I was worried about you! So glad all is well– hope the school year is a good one and you have an extraordinary number of dedicated students. Take care.

2. Hi Mary,
    Enjoy your Labor Day; my family and I certainly are. In just over three weeks I'll be flying to Australia to attend Beating Around the Bush. Do you know anyone else from the US who will be attending? Would you like me to keep my eye out for something (smallish) to bring back? I'm in California and can mail you from here.

3. Oh, Cynthia! LUCKY YOU!!! Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't dream of burdening you. I'd love to hear all about it when you get back, from an "insider's" viewpoint!

I'd love to be going. But alas, schooooooooollllll…..

I hope you have a marvelous time! It's the longest flight I've ever been on – and it seems as if it will Never End. But coming back is worse! 🙂 Just think of all the stitching you can do on the plane….

4. Yes, I'm trying to find projects that do not need too much magnification – maybe some smocking, which is quite forgiving. Any ideas, anyone?

5. Congrats Trish,

Enjoy!!!

Mary, Have a great haliday.

Cynthia, Looks like you are in for a treat at BTAB. Have a fab time and do give us a writeup.

More Comments