[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Home Sweet Home notions – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

Home Sweet Home notions

Dear Mary,
I am attempting to acquire the necessary fabric and threads to complete the Home Sweet Home project by Carolyn Pearce. Jan Reed at Wooly Threads did contact Country Bumpkin and they told her that they will be putting together a partial kit for the fabric and threads but do not know when it will be available.

I may have to wait until this happens but I am anxious to start now since I am homebound for the next 6-8 weeks. Do you have any suggestions about where to find the fabric or thread for this project?
Sincerely,
Debbie Brian
petvet4

Re: Home Sweet Home notions

Hi, Debbie -

Well, the linen should be easy to get here - it looks like a high-ish count natural linen. Strathaven makes one that's pretty nice, but I don't know if it is exactly suitable. I'll get my copy of the book out tomorrow and see what linen Carolyn uses and let you know.

I don't know if you'd actually be able to find the exact fabric used on the inside, but I don't think you're restricted to using the same interior fabric. I think if I were to make the box, I'd pick a different fabric - if nothing else, the stripes / lines will make it more difficult to make a perfect interior. You'll have to cut everything with the layout of the stripes in mind. I'm all for easing the finishing up with a less "rigid" interior fabric. A floral print, maybe? Or even a beautiful plain fabric. That's a thought, anyway.

For threads - wow, she uses a really long list. I'll see what I can dig up after doing a bit of research to see where they might be available.

~MC
MaryCorbet

Thank you Mary,
I am really looking forward to starting this project.
Debbie
petvet4

I am in the process of hunting down all the threads and things from Home Sweet Home.

I have bookmarked quite a few links.

I have placed previous orders with Hedgehog Handworks and ordered all the Soie d'Alger today.

Needle In A Haystack appears to have a lot of the threads, fabrics and beads. I have never ordered from them before but placed an order today for two types of linen to check out.

Both Hedgehog Handworks and Needle In A Haystack have a service tab you can click on. There it mentions, they would help find products. I wanted to make a little effort on my own before going that way.

Who knows, I may order the kit from Country Bumpkin. I sent an inquiry on the kit today.

Here is, way too many, links that I have bookmarked.

USA sites

Australia sites

Hope I have not given too many links :shock:

This is all new to me. Would love to hear what others are doing with their Home Sweet Home.

Sincerely,
Carolyn
Embroidery Flickr set here,
Favorite things

FYI

Monique, from Country Bumpkin responded to my inquiry on the Home Sweet Home kit.

Due to book's popularity a kit is going to be offered to complete the whole project. They are currently pricing this and it will be offered on their web site in the very near future.
Embroidery Flickr set here,
Favorite things

Hi!
I found a needlework shop in Spring, Texas that has accounts with every vendor recommended in the Home Sweet Home notions list. I gave list to Pam the ownerof 3 Stitches. She is in the process of ordering everything for me.

If you call ask to speak to the owner, Pam, or Roseanne. They were very helpful. They have access to the fabric, beads, and charms also. It may be the easiest way to accumulate the notions.

http://www.3stitches.com/shop/index.php

I am looking forward to more comments about this project, too,
Debbie Brian
petvet4

Also - just for future info - it looks as if Country Bumpkin is also kitting the whole project up in "club" format, where a new part of the complete project is offered each month (for example, one accessory at a time), culminating in the house kit. This will keep the kit costs spread out and more manageable, I think. Sounds like a great idea!

Thanks for the link, Debbie, to the needlework shop. Also, Carolyn, thanks for all the information you're gleaning!

MC
MaryCorbet