Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery
Ask Needlework Related Questions Here

Tambour Work and Beading Books

Other then Ecclesiastical Work I am interested in learning Tambour... What Books could you recommend to me. I have a great interest in Tambour Work and Beading ? Some books that I can buy that can teach me everything there is to know?

Thank you
Jennifer g
The Lord be with you,
Jennifer G
TheJoyfulStitcher

Re: Tambour Work and Beading Books

The best one I've found for learning tamboured beading is: "A -Z of bead embroidery", published by Inspirations Books. ISBN: 978 09750920 7 1. "La broderie de Lunéville" by R. Gravelier, published by Editions Didier Carpentier. ISBN 2 84167 258 1 is pretty good too. Lots and lots of pictures if you don't read French.

For tambour embroidery (no beads), I can recommend:
Dudding, Jean. "Creating Coggeshall lace." It's out of print but often available on ebay.
and
Rome-Verbeylen, Greet. "Lierse kant oud en nieuw." In Flemish, German, English, and French. ISBN 90 73214 87 4

Tambour embroidery is known by many names: Carrickmacross (Ireland), Limerick (Ireland; there is also a needle version of this lace), Coggeshall (England), Lier (Belgium), Lunéville (France), and there are probably many more whose names I've forgotten. The technique is the same for all of them.
Margot

Re: Tambour Work and Beading Books

Oh wow thank you so much Margot for all the info. you have been very helpful
The Lord be with you,
Jennifer G
TheJoyfulStitcher