Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Elizabethan Bible Cover

Hi Mary, I have just completed my version of an extant bible cover which I thought you might be interested in viewing. I have used Elizabethan & Gold work techniques to stitch it plus the addition of tiny beads & pearls.
Sylvialyn.
Attachments
Bible cover finished!.jpg
Bible cover finished!.jpg (105.62 KiB) Viewed 22851 times
Sylvialyn

Re: Elizabethan Bible Cover

WOW! This is so beautiful!!! What am amazing job! Are you going to use it for a book cover? The details in this are great - the tiny pearls and the little beads in the outline areas with the tiny leaves. Just perfect!

Thanks for posting the photo!

MC
MaryCorbet

*L* And now I am feeling inadequate. I just started a blackwork bible cover and was pretty pleased with the way it started, now I have seen this and it's a whole other level. Did you make your own pattern?
faerieeva

Silly question but... how do you make the cover itself? Is there a secret pattern out there because I can't seem to find one > can anyone recommend what to type into google to get the response I want? :oops:
Heather

I just saw this cover and it is gorgeous. in the "just in case" category, here are instructions on how to make a bible cover http://www.ehow.com/how_5174819_make-bible-cover.html
sgruener