[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Blackwork design in Gold! – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Blackwork design in Gold!

Image0198.jpg
Just wanted to share this piece of work of mine. It was a gift for a friend. As you can see, I'm trying my hand at different types of embroidery! Love you Mary for re-kindling my interest in embroidery! The latest is Mountmellick embroidery...I ordered and received the book by Pat Trott that you recommended and although I could not get the recommended thread I am going ahead and trying my hand at it before I order the one by Yvette Stanton!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melanie Crizzle

Re: Blackwork design in Gold!

Very Nice!!! I love the way you've used the design. Can you tell us a little bit about the materials you used? It really looks great in that frame!

Yvette's book is very good, too - you'll really enjoy it. In the States, you can find Mountmellick thread through Lacis.com - you just have to search for it, but it's there somewhere! Otherwise, Tanja Berlin (Canada) carries it, and so does Yvette Stanton (Australia).

MC
MaryCorbet

Re: Blackwork design in Gold!

Hi,

I used gold metal thread on black silk...hence the embroidery looks a little stiff but it is does look very rich in the frame, very apt as the boy in the photograph is his father's prince! Initially I wanted the embroidered part to be made into a frame but it was not possible.

Enjoying my embroidery...thank you ever so much for all the information on your website...I'm learning so much.

melanie
Melanie Crizzle