[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Mountmellick Embroidery – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Mountmellick Embroidery

Image0239.jpgHi,

My first attempt...I simply love this embroidery!! Thank you Mary :D . I had to use crochet cotton as that was the closest thread I could find on simple cotton fabric. I will continue to use crochet thread while I'm practicing...I ultimately want to do a more detailed design, maybe from Vetty's Creation at which time I will definitely try to get the authentic fabric & thread required.

Do you have any small designs for Mountmellick embroidery that I can use?

Melanie C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melanie Crizzle

Re: Mountmellick Embroidery

Dear Melanie,

What beautiful work you did! I'm going to attempt the project in the following: http://gobleni.info.bg/Weihler/Polezno/ ... bodove.pdf but I don't know if I'll do as well as you!

Thank you for sharing it. Try the project in the website above. It's not "small," but you can probably choose some portions of it to "practice." If my practice looked as good as yours, though, I'd be very happy indeed!

Blessings,

DorisHH
DorisHH

Very pretty Melanie!
sharonthompson

Thank you Doris & Sharon:)

Doris, I did check out the link you provided... absolutely lovely but I'm not brave enough to attempt that just yet...I'm a very impatient embroiderer!

I have copied the pattern though...couldn't resist! 36 stitches!!...I have to practice more.
Melanie Crizzle

Really, really pretty work, Melanie!! Your satin stitch and French knots are so nice!
MaryCorbet

Thank you Mary!

I've always loved doing French Knots...you know I was doing them wrong all these years and only learnt the correct way from your videos! I used to take a tiny stitch next to where the needle came out before winding the thread around the needle.

Need more practice on my satin stitch....don't always get the direction correct or even but getting better. Again, first time doing padded satin stitch and learnt from reading your posts and from your videos.

God bless you.....forever & many generations of your entire family!!!....for sharing your knowledge & precious time, especially in this age where people charge exorbitantly for the smallest things.

Always with appreciation,
melanie
Melanie Crizzle

Thank you Mary!

I've always loved doing French Knots...you know I was doing them wrong all these years and only learnt the correct way from your videos! I used to take a tiny stitch next to where the needle came out before winding the thread around the needle.

Need more practice on my satin stitch....don't always get the direction correct or even but getting better. Again, first time doing padded satin stitch and learnt from reading your posts and from your videos.

God bless you.....forever & many generations of your entire family!!!....for sharing your knowledge & precious time, especially in this age where people charge exorbitantly for the smallest things.

Always with appreciation,
melanie
Melanie Crizzle