About

Mary Corbet

writer and founder

I learned to embroider when I was a kid, when everyone was really into cross stitch (remember the '80s?). Eventually, I migrated to surface embroidery, teaching myself with whatever I could get my hands on...read more

Contact Mary

Connect with Mary

Archives

2024 (30) 2023 (125) 2022 (136) 2021 (130) 2020 (132) 2019 (147) 2018 (146) 2017 (169) 2016 (147) 2015 (246) 2014 (294) 2013 (294) 2012 (305) 2011 (306) 2010 (316) 2009 (367) 2008 (352) 2007 (225) 2006 (139)

Fancy Hems Winner!

Amazon Books

Good morning, folks! This post is short and sweet – announcing the winnder of Fancy Hems and a little rundown on what’s coming up on Needle ‘n Thread later in the week!

First of all, the winner of Luzine Happel’s book Fancy Hems is ….

Mommablogger…. who apparently happened to be visiting Kansas a while ago and doesn’t like the dirt. Yep. We have a lot of that stuff in Kansas…. Please drop me an e-mail with your mailing address, and I’ll get that off to you as soon as possible! Congratulations!

Coming up this week on Needle ‘n Thread: some musings on an embroidery design for goldwork, another lettering tutorial, and some great information from a reader on gingham embroidery Christmas trees! So stay tuned….

Have a terrific Wednesday!

Leave A Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

(7) Comments

1. Awesome! Congrats MommaBlogger!

It looks like I'll just have to go ahead and buy it, or ask my hubby to get it for me for Christmas.

2. I got it today ๐Ÿ˜€

I was wondering though, is there a good book for explaining how to do the drawn thread? I don't know how to get started ๐Ÿ˜€

3. well, I have some tutorials on drawn thread – including drawing the threads, finishing the edges, etc – under "Tips and Tricks for Hand Embroidery"… they might be helpful!

There is a Beginner's Guide to Drawn Thread work that may be helpful – it's available through Amazon.

But I bet the tutorials here could get you started!

Hope that helps!
    MC

4. Great, thanks ๐Ÿ˜€ I will definitely check those out, and probably take a look at the library too to see what I can find. The work in here reminds me of some of my great-grandmother's handkerchief collection that I was lucky enough to receive, and it's something I've always wanted to do ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks again ๐Ÿ˜€

More Comments