[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Owl Scissors Case – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Owl Scissors Case

OwlScissCaseFinished.jpg
OwlScissCaseFinished.jpg (110.61 KiB) Viewed 8662 times

One of the best offshoots of doing needlework is meeting like-minded new friends. Over the years I've been lucky enough to form fast friendships with several amazing needlewomen, and we have fun making each other little gifts. Here's one recent one, from a kit by Elizabeth Talledo, to hold owl scissors. I modified the original design, changed the poem and made a different closure.
Trefid

Re: Owl Scissors Case

Pretty!
Angelina

The verse on the back of the needlecase is hilarious. I've never heard that before.

I love the design of the case, with the bead "latches" and the skunk! The whole thing is a great little design!

Was the original little verse on the back differently worded? And did the owl scissors come with the kit? It's really a magnificent little finished accessory!
MaryCorbet

The original poem was totally different, but I hunted on the Web to find the poem I used. It was supposed to go on the inside, opposite the scissors (which came with the kit), but I goofed and started it in the wrong space on the linen. So I just put the original outside on the inside. Needlewomen are nothing if not flexible!
What didn't come with the kit was the linen, thread, closure and material to hold the point of the scissors. I think the directions called for ultrasuede, but a friend had the right color of wool.
Trefid

This is the gorgeousest thing. You even have an owl sissor fob. The verse is tantalising. Each line is so unexpected, right to the last one. :o
How are the outside edges finished? They're so neat.
KathfromOz