[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Mary's long and short stitch lessons sal?!? – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Mary's long and short stitch lessons sal?!?

Hi everyone,

Many of the ladies here are thinking of creating a sal for Mary's Long and Short Stitch Lessons. If you would like to sign up and work together please post here.

I would like to join in on this as I am new to the technique. I have done satin stitch but not Long and Short Stitch.

Remember to check out Mary's video tutorials too for any stitches you would like to learn, they are great! Much better and easier to follow along with than trying to understand and interpret picture diagram drawings.

Look forward to stitching along with you!
:-)

Mindi Hammerstone
Mindi Hammerstone

Re: Mary's long and short stitch lessons sal?!?

Count me in. I've got to get some fabric to work it with, and find an empty hoop, but I've got threads & needles ready to use.
KimikoS

KimikoS

(copied and pasted)
These are pictures of what I've did in 2009 :

LSSL Element 1b
Attachments
IMG_5905.JPG
IMG_5905.JPG (119.87 KiB) Viewed 39278 times
IMG_5903_2.JPG
IMG_5903_2.JPG (115.93 KiB) Viewed 39278 times
Last edited by My 1st Bambina! on 12/14/2011 10:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
My 1st Bambina!

I'm in too!!! However will not be able to post new progress on mine until sometime in September ;-). I have all my lessons printed and organized in a binder for easy reference. I also have my threads ready and organized by working order in the printable thread cards that Mary provided.
How will you be working on yours?
Are you getting ready the supplies you need to start?

@@@@@
(to keep things a bit organized I'm pasting my other thread in this one... hope that's ok!)
Feel free to post progress on Mary's Long & Short Stitch Lessons!
If you will like to join and need to know where to find the Lessons and Sampler Pattern, Mary has them here:
https://www.needlenthread.com/2009/08/lo ... index.html ,
and scroll down to watch the video tutorials on the technique:
https://www.needlenthread.com/2009/08/lo ... son-2.html

For Inspiration there is some finished samplers on Needle'n Thread
Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/needlenthread/pool/page18/
(if that didn't work just browse to the very last pages).

I will continue to work on mine sometime in September, in the meantime will try to add a picture of the little bit I did previously.
Please feel free to report/add picture of your progress anytime you like!
Last edited by My 1st Bambina! on 12/14/2011 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Life and Crafts, handmade and not by chance!
My New Blog:
My 1st Bambina!

Re: Mary's Long and Short Stitch Lessons SAL!!!

Thanks Mindi!
My 1st Bambina!

You are welcome :-)
Mindi Hammerstone

I'm interested in the long/short stitch lessons sal! I'm currently working on a project in long/short stitch (along with other stitches) but don't have my confidence level up yet so any help/support would be greatly appreciated. If I knew how to include a photo of my current project, I'd attach it.
Embroiderme

*Update*
I've failed to continue on my SAL. September flew by and here is December and I didn't make any progress.
Wondering, how y'all are doing with yours?
Life sometimes brings surprises!
Hope you are all doing well!
Life and Crafts, handmade and not by chance!
My New Blog:
My 1st Bambina!