[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

This summer, I'll be stitching one of the elements from the .

I'm thinking about making some adjustments in the colors. I know I'll be working on a light colored linen twill (Legacy Linen's linen twill), and I'm thinking about using reds instead of blues - we'll see, though! (Still thinking about that one! :?: :?:)

I haven't decided which element I'll stitch - probably one of the smaller ones available - but if there's anyone else out there working on any of the Royal Persian designs, how about a stitch-along? We can at least support each other by updating progress and working through any difficulties together!

Any takers??
MaryCorbet

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Dear Mary

So excited about the new Ask & Share thanks so much for setting it up, love the smilies.

As a determined beginner I would love to sew along with you on the Royal Persian Blossoms I just need to know what materials to order.

Regards Anita
smannet3

Hi, Anita! Thanks so much for joining in and posting a comment! You're the first one! I'm glad to see the board works! :P

You can order the instructional materials and designs from two sources: Wooly Thread or Talliaferro. Wooly Thread also carries the Appleton wool thread pack that goes with the design kit, but just so you know, right now there's a delay in getting all the colors of Appleton needed for this, as there was a break in production at the Appleton company for a little bit. They're catching up, but it's taking some time. But if you can get some of the threads, then you could start with whatever colors you have available, and then work with the other colors when they come in. That's what I'm doing - I don't have all the colors yet, either!

I'm not sure what design element I'm actually going to do - probably one of the smaller ones, though. Most of the techniques will be the same, no matter what element you pick, so I'd just pick the one you fancy the most. If you choose the large full "Persian Blossom," then you can always break it up into smaller elements if you want.

I'm really looking forward to this. It should be fun!
MaryCorbet

Having already purchased the Royal Persian Blossom pattern but undecided about threads, I'm thrilled to be able to participate in this stitch along. It's time to get busy and order. This will be fun!
Enid

Hello Mary,

I plan to join in on this SAL with you! I love all of the designs by Talliaferro - they are so elegant. Appreciate the information about the break in Appleton Wool's production. Do you have an idea of the starting date in mind yet for this SAL? Also, can you give us an idea of whether you'll be doing a step-by-step tutorial process or will this just be an individual stitch-at-your-own-pace project?
Love this new ASK&SHARE feature!
Sharon in France
Sharon Brodeuse

MaryCorbet

hi Mary,
I too would like to know when this could be starting as I would love to join in only I would need to find the kit first. I am in UK and hope I can find it quickly.
SusanB

yes I'm up for this.
Sharon - I'm in UK too but couldn't find anywhere that sold the patterns. If you find somewhere let me know. Also if you know who sells the wool cheapest!
8-)
Kirsten

My pattern just came in the mail yesterday! I hope to "pull my act together" and be able to stitch along! Hurray!
Bobbi

So glad I ordered the Pattern with the thread from Wooly thread. I haven't heard from them about any problems. Bummer that Appleton put a hitch in our fun. Hope the new thread theme works well for everyone. Bobbie said she received her pattern already.Cant wait to look in my box this afternoon. I am toying with the idea of getting a head start. Not sure because I am looking at two other projects I really should finish first. lol
Therese