[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Yep, I'm thinking I need to dig through my thread stash and maybe find some substitutes that will work. I actually have a bag of Appleton wool - a couple hundred skeins - but I haven't sorted them out, and I don't relish the idea of taking the time to go through and find colors. But I suppose I will do that, just to be able to get the ball rolling.

Haven't decided yet on ground fabric for mine, either. The color of the crewelworks co linen twill is decidedly different from the twill I have on hand, but I'm actually considering the possibility of doing it on regular linen instead. Once I can play with the threads, I'll know better!

The Appleton hitch certainly wasn't their fault - a death in the company, apparently. Just goes to show you of the fragility of the needlework supply business. Most of these companies that produce fine needlework supplies are relatively small, and much of the work is done by hand and overseen step-by-step by real people. So when tragedy strikes, the hole in the workforce is much more keenly felt than it would be in large mass-production-type operations.

Well, I'm adding Thread Foraging to my To-Do list for this afternoon!

Can't wait to get this thing going! :-)

MC
MaryCorbet

Dear Mary

I know you are using Legacy Linen Twill for the persian blossom project I'm trying to order the fabric, but for the fabric is there any specific weave or count I should order not sure if that is the right terminology.

Thanks Anita
smannet3

:P
HI Mary! Hi Everyone!
Fabulous idea to have a SAL especially for Anna's TALLIAFERRO Royal Persian Blossoms. I haven't done crewel embroidery for some time........so I am back to being a beginner! I have the large pattern, my thread picked out (more pinks/purples instead of blue) but I do need the fabric.
Anna is awesome at answering questions about her patterns also.......just so everyone knows.
Thanks! Lynn
lcalypso

Hi, I can't wait to join in with you for the SAL. I live in NZ and ordered the pattern direct from Anna at Talliaferro, I agree she is lovely and spent ages answering my questions. I am planning on doing mine in the colours Anna chose as they match very well with my living room and I am intending on making it into a footstool cover. I have lots of other projects lined up and on the go as well, so it will be fun juggling all my time. :)
sweetpea

OMG!!! I soo want to join in on this now... never done crewel work a day in my life and think this would be a good time to start. Best get the kit, threads, etc if I am going to keep up :lol:
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

MaryCorbet

Hi Mary, I ordered from The Wooly Thread one of the 3 suites taken from Royal Persian Blossoms. My thought was to do a portion of the design since me trying to do the whole pattern would definitely stress me out. LOL

I ordered the "Royal Persian Spray" suite & Appleton threads from The Wooly Thread.

I ordered some Alba Maxima Linen from Hedgehog Handworks. Would this be appropriate? When I am embroidering on linen or even cotton, I always back it with muslin so the stitches do not shadow thru on the front. Should I do this with Alba Maxima?

I am looking forward to stitching with everyone.

Jeannette
jeannette

Hi, this is information for SusanB and Kirsten in UK who asked for a source for Appleton:
has Appleton for 48p per skein, the best price I've found online.
-Sharon
Sharon Brodeuse

MaryCorbet

I have started the RPB. I got the suggested linen from Crewel Works Company and the pattern and wool from Wooly Thread. I love the design. The shading is fantastic. Once you step back and look at the work you have completed you are amazed at how great it looks. I love working on the piece. One of my local EGA friends is also doing the piece. We both are Needle 'n Thread followers so are looking forward to hearing what other people have to say about this design as they also enjoy working on it.
Linda Lee