[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Hi Ladies,
I have just returned from a month in Greece and I really missed my daily fix on Needlenthread! Apart from catching up on Mary's emails and posts, I have just finished scanning all the beautiful pics of everyone's work and am amazed at how much has been done; Wow, what a talented bunch you are! So sorry to hear about SewNSane's little boys artwork and hope you can recover it.......and remember to Breathe! Thank you all so much for the pleasure I get seeing your work and reading all the comments and Mary, you are truly an inspiration!
SusanB

I didn't notice the mistakes, just the beauty of it. :)

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to remove the marks. My son has a great teacher with proper marking tools. :lol: I 'think' I have an idea as to how to carry some of the pattern over and outward to be able to stitch over this area. Just not calm enough right now and seems my marriage is in shambles... so yet again, projects are on the back burner while I pick up the pieces to continue on for the family.
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

HI Melissa,
I don't know what your son used to do his artwork, but I do know that rubbing alcohol will take ink out. You will have to blot it by putting the alcohol on a piece of cotton and be careful not to let the alcohol bleed into the wool thread. A Q-tip might work too and be even more delicate but it will take a while.This may not be possible, I know, but maybe it would help. Rubbing alcohol hasn't ever taken the color out of fabric when I've used it to get ink stains out of clothing. I'm sorry because your work is so beautiful. I think it would be great if you could change the design and, if you do, please share it with us all. I'm so impressed with your (on line anyway) calm about the whole thing.
All the best, Kathy
Kathy

Thank you for the rubbing alchol tip, will have to remember that one. The pen he used was one of my Micron markers. :lol: He tried to free hand transfer those little balloon looking things. I am thinking I can add a stem section and possibly rotate the leaf so it would appear to hide behind the big flower.

I do know that Mr. Clean Magic Erasers remove this same Micron off walls, washer/dryers, fridges, stoves, counters, and sometimes the kitchen table (that is if he didn't color in a scratched up area). Added a photo of his artistic talent to my FB album so maybe some further creativity would help. :D

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 645&type=1
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

I slowed right down with this the last few weeks. I think I got bored with the spray 'dots'. They seemed to take a lot of thread and a lot of time for not much result. But they're done now, so onto the main flower... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... dca&type=1
Kirsten

I've slowed down on it, too, Kirsten - a screeching halt, actually. Too many other things on the plate.

BUT WOW. Yours is looking GREAT!!!
MaryCorbet

How's everyone else doing? I've slowed down a bit now that I have another project going but I'm still plugging along. The long short shading of the bottom section of the Spray Stem leaf was really tough to get right. I did it twice and as happier with it the second time.
IMG_8749.JPG
IMG_8749.JPG (157.42 KiB) Viewed 34749 times

The branch with the berries was fine and I enjoyed doing simple french knots, padded satin and buttonhole wheels. Next up is the long and short shading of the Blossom Receptacle. I've drawn the lines in the instructions on to the pattern to help me in shading but I'm just not ready to take the plunge and start. I feel like I'll need a big chuck of time to work so I can get the flow of the shading. Sewnsane yours looks fabulous! Any tips?
Kathy

Kathy, you are A Wonder! It looks positively LOVELY.

I haven't had time to get back to mine. I'm afraid it's going to have to wait until the next Big Lull in life! In the meantime, I'll keep enjoying the progress on yours!

MC
MaryCorbet

Hello! Is anyone out there still working on their Royal Persian Blossom project? We've had two weeks holiday here in Berlin so I've had loads of time to stitch. But it doesn't seem like I'm getting much done. All this long and short shading takes forever. I'm really to do the Blossom floral sepal petals and then the ovule (this is a botanical education for sure!) and I'm looking forward to doing something other than L&S Shading.

Here's a photo of how far I've gotten (or not gotten) in all the hours I've been working. I love this pattern and the level of challenge is just right for me.
IMG_9008.JPG
IMG_9008.JPG (189.48 KiB) Viewed 34735 times

I'd love to see everyone's progress!
Liebe Grusse,
Kathy
Kathy

Hello Everyone,

First, I want to let all of you who are posting photos of their progress and their experiences with this project know how much I am enjoying viewing, reading and learning from you! You are inspiring.

Have to report that my progress is at the same point as my last post - the long branch at the bottom is done. That, of course, means "no progress". I'm working on a (16.5" x 22") Jacobean Tree of Life project for my grandson that I plan to finish by Christmas, so I'm using the time I have available to work on it.

-Sharon in France
Sharon Brodeuse