[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Mary, I'm going to follow,but just as an onlooker. I love to watch your projects develop. I just have too many other things going now to add another. I have learned so much from you over the years. Thanks for all you do!

I also wanted to tell you thank you for the tip on using Martha Stewart's Moonstone ink pen. I used it yesterday transferring a pattern onto some silk dupione and it worked like a dream...very fine line, no bleed out and just dark enough to see on a tanish colored silk. I usually stitch out on top of tissue paper, but this pattern was too small and intricate to spend time on that. I am an impatient stitcher. I just want to stitch as soon as earthly possible, lol.
linnyt

Hi Mary,
I have too many things going on and will be unable to join the SAL but I would love to watch how this project develops :)
Jayashreemadan

Hi Mary and everyone!

I'll be joining you all but a little later. I think this is such a great idea! After my upcoming crewelwork course is finished, 'll come home and then will have time to begin stitching this project. I'm going to do the whole design and plan to use Heathway wool in similar colors: Indigo, Old Gold and Fawn. If I can't get that while I'm in England, I'll get the Appleton wool. I just love these colors together and can't wait to begin.

Kathy
Kathy

I've just ordered the Design and Thread pack from Wooly Thread, but will need to zip up to the local needlework shop to pick up the colors that I actually want! I also ordered the Strathaven linen (much less expensive than Linen Twill - I'll graduate to that after getting some experience).

Mary,
Are you using a backing fabric for the Strathaven? I wouldn't think so, but want to make sure.

I'm going to use the light table to transfer the design. Not sure I want to get into the "prick and pounce" method just yet.

This will be a fun summer project.
Cynthia

Hi Everyone,
Just received my Royal Persian Spray pattern today from Talliaferro (it took only 5 days from the U.S. to France - didn't expect it so soon!) I'll be using Crewel Works linen on hand and this is such a beautiful pattern I'd like to try out this linen. Will be using the prick and pounce transfer method for the first time, too! Still mulling the color choices....
-Sharon
Sharon Brodeuse

Thank you SharonB in France for the link to Appletons wool on Internet thats very cheap indeed so I will order through that site.
I was wondering if one is using linen should it be a certain count?
SusanB

I've been thinking about changing the colors (mostly because I want to use an old piece of linen twill I have in the stash that is vaguely khaki). I think I have decided on Appleton 200's (Flame Reds?), 950's (Fawn Brown), and the original Brown Olives. The fabric and yarn is piled on the dining room table so I can look at it every time I pass and see if I can get "used" to it.

I have drawn out the pattern (it's a big one!). My thought was to use the basting method for transfer, but I am rethinking THAT one, too! It seems most of you have opted for the prick/pounce. That is sounding better and better to me.

I also tend to use hoops for embroidery (instead of stretcher bars or a large frame).
Bobbi

Dear Mary

My internet has been down for the last 5 days really missed needle&thread, and to know whats been going on. I still haven't received my pattern for the royal persian blossom and I need to order thread form appletons. But looking forward to starting the project.

Anita
smannet3

MaryCorbet

Hi Mary,

I shall be watching with interest. I have acquired a good range of colours of Appleton's crewel wool, and have intended for a while to try it out. When I've watched a few posts I will decide on a design, and hope to put into practice what I have learned.

Gwendoline
Gwendoline