[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Today, I posted a little bit about transferring my design using prick & pounce... I learned a few little lessons along the way that might be helpful if you're planning on going the same route. Here's the article:

MC
MaryCorbet

Hi Everyone,

So glad I read your post today, Mary - it will save some time not to prick all those little dots!

Made some progress today. Was able to trace my design, the Royal Persian Spray, which measures is 8 x 12. I then ironed and cut out the Crewel Works linen (after measuring the fabric at least 5 times each way to make sure I had left enough extra inches on all sides to mount into my frames). After that I put together my trusty Evertites, mounted the fabric, and put all the wools on a handy metal thread-ring. Tomorrow, it will be prick and pounce time!

My final choice on the colors is:[Appleton] Sky Blue range, the olive browns suggested by Taliaferro for this pattern, and the Iron Greys. Can't wait to start stitching!

-Sharon in France
Sharon Brodeuse

Hi Mary & All.... I have my pattern on the linen and it's time to "ready, set, stitch". (yea that's kind of corny). Hope to start stitching tonight. I'll let you know who it goes. This pattern is beautiful, but a little more demanding. Kind of nervous. Jeannette :shock:
jeannette

Hi Mary,
A fellow stitcher, Cynthia, suggested I take a look at your Crewel stitchalong and five minutes later I am hooked!

I have ordered the pattern and will see how long it takes to get to Australia. And while I wonder if I will be able to keep up with all the bits and pieces I have on the go I am sure going to enjoy trying.

Thanks Cynthia, thanks Mary.
Happy Stitching
Chris
ChrisB

Thread update - my threads are coming!

Funny, the irony of the whole thing: I do have 7 of the colors in Appleton, but none of them would work without the other colors, because of stitching order. So I haven't started stitching on this project yet - perhaps by the end of the week, depending on the post.

Anyone else making any progress?
MaryCorbet

Project updqte: was able to successfully transfer the pattern using prick and pounce. It was a little like making a recipe for the first time - you have to actually do it to understand how. For examle I learned that you need to rub the pounce with enough pressure (but not too heavy) so that enough pounce passes through the holes.

I did the pounce transfer directly on the fabric mounted in my frame and put a book the same thickness as the frame on the table behind the linen to make a flat surface. Will be travelling for a week so will start stitching when I return!
-Sharon in France
Sharon Brodeuse

I'm still waiting to receive my order from Wooly Thread. It should get shipped today, so maybe by the end of the week. I do have a question, did you wash the Strathaven linen to shrink it a bit? It seems very "open" in the weave to me.

Cynthia
Cynthia

------------7/6/2011-----------
Well, my update: Got the fabric (linen twill) yesterday. I am still waiting on the kit and threads: they will be here tomorrow... can't wait!

-------------7/7/2011----------
Got my threads and kit today in the mail. Too bad I had to go grocery shopping tonight or I would have started the transferring process right then and there. I will be transferring to artist paper (to keep the kit's pattern like new) then either trying to prick n pounce or light transfer.

-------------7/9/2011----------
Got my design transferred to the fabric and on the second color 974 for the A1 section of the blossom. I am loving the lined twill and see why linen is on of Mary's many favorites! Plus, I can see why linen and wool work awesome together too! :) Well, on to stitching... would like to give this to my Dad for Christmas, but may end up as an early Father's Day/Birthday present.
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

I just ordered the kit and threads for the Persian Bud! I hope that I am not too late to join the group!

Leah
RuthPersephone

Welllllllll.... I'm finally starting the stitching tonight. This is going to be my "inside the house" project, as opposed to "out in the workroom."

I have four other projects going on right now (I'm arranging them in order of urgency), so I'm afraid this one is for late in the evening, just before bed. It'll be fun to see how much I can get done each week!

Melissa - Did you start stitching?

Sharon - I hope you're having fun traveling ... looking forward to seeing your start!

Jeanette - How's it going?

I'm not quite sure if folks are 'shy' about posting progress photos. If so, you can always e-mail them to me and I can post them anonymously for you.... or you don't have to post photos at all! Whatever you want to do.

Well - you know me - I'll probably over-post on the photos. I'll try not to bore you! :?

Tonight, by 9:30 pm, I hope to put the first thread in - will let you know!
MaryCorbet