Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Hi all
Just seeing if my posts are showing up - having some trouble getting them up!
Good to see all your progress, will try and work out how to get some pictures on facebook of my progress.
Thanks
Kirsten
Kirsten

SewNSane said that she posted photos of her Royal Persian Blossoms piece after each section, but she didn't say where these photos are.

I would like to know where these photos are. The pictures section here seems to be other things, but I would like to see her progress.

Sally
sallybru

Hi, Sally - She posted a Facebook link with her progress photos in there. You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 47288d4645

~MC
MaryCorbet

Thanks, Mary, Melissa's work is beautiful. It is good to see what the directions result in, as there is one problem, at least, with the directions.
sallybru

Hi all
This is the link to my photos - if I've done it right.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... dca&type=1

Only a few at the moment. I've had to stop while I wait for one of the colours to arrive. Let me know if you can get to my photos!

Thanks
Kirsten :D
Kirsten

Very nice! I haven't gotten to the stem on mine yet, but I'm looking forward to getting there! Nice job, Kirsten!
MaryCorbet

Ok, I'm going to try to catch up here! :shock: I just realized I missed a whole page of this thread.

Melissa - Facebook links are fine for posting your photos! Thanks for doing that! Yes, shading from the wider to the narrower part on the "blossom" parts of the project make much more sense and it's a whole lot easier. The instructions aren't super-specific on the point; she just gives the shades for the area, from darkest to lightest (and the arrangement of dark to light on that element is from the narrowest point to the widest point).

Vivian - the linen is perfect for this project. I'm using Strathaven natural and it works well. I did indeed back it with muslin, which I think is helpful when stitching heavily-worked areas. It's working out great.

Susan - Melissa's right - there's no start date! Jump in whenever you want! I'm only doing a small element of the design, and it's c-r-a-w-l-i-n-g along, so the SAL thread here will be around for a while, I reckon!

Sally - I haven't gotten to the "vine droops" area yet. Heh heh. I haven't gotten beyond the top blossom, actually. Thanks for the heads up on that, though - I'll keep an eye out for the difference between the instructions and the actual outcome when I get to that area! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm not a big lover of ripping out, but ripping out wool is the worst, and ripping out Appleton wool is the double-worst!

My next bout of stitching on this particular project won't happen until this weekend. I'll probably work on it on Sunday afternoon. Hopefully, by Monday, I'll have some progress to report! :? Keep your fingers crossed for me!
MaryCorbet

Hi All,

Still stitching, or rather, crawling (or is that crewel-ing?) along. Just finished the left-hand side of Section A1, and I'm working on the Royal Persian Spray, which is fairly large. Since I've made little progress, no photos to show yet! I haven't yet decided if my choice of Iron Greys instead of the Elephant Greys was the right choice, but will wait until I start stitching the flower in the Sky Blues to figure that out.

-Sharon
Sharon Brodeuse

Finally got to take a break for a half hour or so and continue where I left off a few days or was it a couple? ago...

Sally, sorry about the confusion on the posting of progress photos. I, as Mary helped out with, put a link up of progress sections... yes, thought for some (who may be like me) would like to see the instructions vs picture so things aren't that scary for them.

Mary, thanks for the helping hand there for the link. :) Plus, thank you for easing my worry about the links to a photo album. I thought that it would be easier and less jumping around, plus more organized so I wouldn't clutter up your gallery. I know if you didn't have your hands so over flowing with tasks, you would have more time to whip out this SAL project and not feel bad for crawling along.

Kristen... Love the progress your making and did you use the blue water wash out blue transfer marker?

Sharon: lol keep "crewel-ing" along :) (got a good chuckle when I read that, thank you) I am sure your color combos will turn out lovely and I will try to patiently wait for a photo. Interested in seeing the sky blue shades in action... I am having a hard time trying to picture the elephant grey shades with the sky blue... I think the iron grey would balance better. (scratching head wondering how the brownish grey would balance with brighter blues) Oh well, I tend to lack skill when picturing color combos in my head... better with color cards or physical skiens to play with. :lol:

I have 20 minutes to stitch, lets see how far I can get on the remaining third color change for the "twigs n berries" spot (actual location slipped my train of thought track)
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

I completed the D1 & D2 section of the Royal Persian Blossom today... Finally! :o I am proud and shocked at the same time. I kept chipping away at it when I could have a chance to. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 645&type=1

I am also amazed at how the spray had come together, surprised that I have "half" the design done already. Now the only area left to stitch up is the many sections of the Blossom.

How is everyone else doing?
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane