[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
View topic - Royal Persian Blossoms SAL – Needle'nThread.com
Mary Corbet's Needle 'n Thread - Tips, Tricks & Great Resources for Hand Embroidery

Re: Royal Persian Blossoms SAL

Kirsten,
You don't twist the loop for chain stitch. You just form the loop and bring the next stitch through the loop to keep it from pulling through. The only 'tricks' are to keep the stitches of even length and keep the tension constant.

It isn't like long and short stitch, which is my bug-a-boo. Ugh.

Sally
sallybru

Howdy, everyone!

Needless to say.... I'm ..... I'm ..... :? not getting very far on this! But it looks like some of the rest of you are really making good progress! I'm so glad!!

Right now, I'm in the midst of preparing for "" (my upcoming online class - registration TBA August 31st). So that's taking up my "concentration-stitching" time.

I did manage to get the fuzzies all out of my last bout with the thing, and I managed to put in one layer of light blue in the receptacle at the base of the blossom. But that's it!

How are the rest of you doing? Has your enthusiasm fizzled, or are you still growing strong??!

Looking forward to being inspired by your updates!

~MC
MaryCorbet

Hi All!

I am with Mary now on the not so much work on project. I've managed a few stitches here and there since I ended up switching projects around with nap and bedtimes lol

Here is how far I got: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 645&type=1
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

HI everyone! I'm coming along slowly but surely and enjoying ever stitch! This project is a great way to learn about design - what works , how to balance texture, density and color. I'm using Heathway wool and am really pleased with it. Although the wool is finer than the Appleton, it isn't as fuzzy which I like. I'm using shade of Indigo, Fawn and Old Gold.
For photos and and finally
Can't wait for the weekend to get more done!
Liebe Grusse,
Kathy
Kathy

Hi all
I haven't done any for a couple of weeks. Did have a cunning plan to do loads last weekend when we were away but didn't!
Kathy yours looks lovely. I might try Heathway next time, I've decided I don't like the Appleton - too hairy and breaks too easily.
Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of it this weekend. I've got a birthday coming up and have asked for some embroidery books, so need to finish this so can start the new ones.
Take care
Kirsten
Kirsten

Hello everyone,
I've finished the "Spray Flowering bud" and am really pleased with it. The long and short shading is done using three rather than two colors of blue. I'm using Heathway wool and three shades of Indigo for the long and short shading.

IMG_8507.JPG
IMG_8507.JPG (164.77 KiB) Viewed 30889 times

The trellising wasn't difficult and so far it's been pretty easy to understand. However, I"m about to being on the next section Spray Stem Leaf and I'm not feeling very confident about the long and short shading. The instructions leave me confused so I'm planning on relying on the photo for help. Any tips anyone has on working this successfully would be really helpful!
Kathy

Hi All,
I've been following everyone's progress and so enjoying the photos posted by those who are advancing. My RPB project is on hold while I finish a (promised) project for a baby grandson.

I have managed to finish the bottom left half of the stem as well as the bottom right half, so progress is being made, though slowly. My husband and I travel frequently, and with other demands on my time I find I've not gone as fast as I had hoped, but have definitely not lost enthusiasm for the project.
-Sharon
Sharon Brodeuse

Hello Everyone :D

Finished Birthday card for my eldest sisters 50th Wedding Anniversary we are celebrating with her & hubby tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 380&type=1
smannet3

Wow Smannet! Did awesome! I like what you have done to the design... really pops with the goldwork!

I went to get to mine after getting quilt basted... Come back from the quilt shop to discover that my son had gotten into my craft room and drew ovals/circles all over the outter background near the pattern. :evil:

I unpinned the project off the stretcher bars for now until I cool down and not get so mad at his art work destroying this gift for my Dad. Then I will be able to devise an addition to the pattern with use of the kits pattern some how.

So in the mean while, I will be quilting... cooling down... watching others progress... check to see if I am cooled off a bit and go from there.

Happy Stitching!!!
Melissa (SewNSane) Schermerhorn ;)
SewNSane

Dear Melissa

Thanks for your praise but I made a lot of mistakes still you live and learn. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to yours I hope you're able to remove the marks.

Regards Anita Simmance
smannet3