This past weekend, the summer embroidery projects from my kids’ embroidery classes were displayed at a fall festival. I thought I’d share a few photos, and then call that whole episode done, since the school year is now (!) underway.
I made a couple posters for the display and then laid out the embroidery projects across the table. Unfortunately, many of the girls didn’t finish their embroidered bags! It’s too bad, because they really were darling, and the kids who did finish them, loved them!
After putting together the first bag, and after realizing that I had plenty of lining material available, since only about one third of the students finished them, I decided to play around to see how I could get the lining to show a bit better. I managed to fiddle with the pattern until I got the kind of edge I wanted at the top of the bag. You can see the green one in the photo above – it doesn’t have a lining showing. It was the first one I put together. I still think it’s darling, and, in fact, it won a first place ribbon at the judging!
A few more embroidered drawstring bags…
There’s one of the display posters, with pictures of the two classes I taught this summer, and in front are a few of the felt notebook covers.
And there’s another part of the display, with the other poster and more book covers and bags. No people there yet…!
Some of the felt notebook covers a little closer…
And there you have it! Another summer embroidery class comes to a close, and a new school year launches…. and I’m already feeling behind!
I’ll post an update on the silk work sampler from the adults’ summer classes soon. We didn’t really seem to get very far, but it’s all relative, I guess!
Leave a Reply to JoWynn Johns Cancel reply