If you’ve looked about on Needle’NThread, you’ve probably noticed I like needlepainting techniques. I’m no pro, but I find that if I take advantage of the expertise of certain designers, I learn a little bit more with each project and the whole technique isn’t daunting at all.
Tanja Berlin is certainly a favorite. I’ve worked a couple of her kits, including this little needle painted bird, and I’ve got a couple more waiting to tackle. I thought, in fact, that three of them – two birds and the current flower I’m working on, if framed to match, would make a nice Christmas present for my folks. So that’s my plan.
So, here’s the beginning of the dahlia:
Actually, that’s not a very impressive photo. I just took the shot so you could see the concept of the stretcher-bar frames, which I elaborated upon when telling you about one of those handy-dandy gotta-have embroidery tools, the EZ Tack-it Kit.
Here’s the photo of the kit, and the buds underway in the background. One thing I did absolutely notice in this particular kit of Tanja’s is that the greens on the cover photo of the kit and the greens inside the kit (the actual color of the floss provided) do not really correspond. The floss is much darker, and the contrast between the shades of green is not as obvious. Still, it looks good.
And here they are up close.