I like these little booties – they aren’t finished yet, but here are some photos so far. I’ll tell you what I did, and then didn’t do, and then did again….
They look Humungous, don’t they? More like whomping Baby Boots! Keep in mind that the cuff on top folds down (see below), and all the area that isn’t stitched (around the base and up the back) is the seam allowance. I kept folding the seam allowance in, because I had to convince myself they were little, teeny tiny booties, not massive toddler whomping moon boots.
This is the cuff pinned down, so you can see the contrast. The red dots will be eyelets.
Ok, what I did about the violet:
I didn’t like the match of the purples – I thought the floche was just “off” – so I matched and bought a skein of DMC that I thought I would like better. It seemed ok in the store. I picked out all the violet flowers. I started stitching with the new DMC color.
I picked out all the new DMC color.
I started stitching again with the floche.
And in the scheme of things, I like it much better, even if it’s not quite the same color – it’s close enough!
My favorite part so far, though:
I’m quite taken with the little eyelets. They look like nostrils.