A few months ago, I finished this little piece of miniature embroidery, and until this weekend, it’s just been sitting around, waiting…
Earlier this month, when I went needlework shop hopping, one of the most exciting findings for me was a little square frame which I thought would be the “perfect size” for this miniature piece. It was $10, and, admittedly, I sort of cringed at paying $10 for a frame that was just barely two inches square…!
But… have you ever noticed that smaller things are sometimes pretty expensive?
And if you figure that miniature needlework can take just as much time – if not more – than regular-sized needlework, I think you’ll discover a kind of value ratio there, somewhere.
Anyway, this past weekend, I did manage to put the miniature piece in the frame, and I had that little surge of satisfaction, knowing that I was actually right, that the frame was the perfect size.
The horizontal line running through the middle of the piece corresponds to a blank line in the middle of the flower and a slub in the fabric, just in case you’re wondering.
After stitching on 28-count linen lately, I look at this piece (approximately 40 threads per inch – the whole piece is just about 1.5 inches square) and can’t figure out how I saw those stitches without any kind of magnification…! Don’t tell me my eyes are getting old, in just a few months’ time!
I took this photo before finishing the back, and I’ve since slightly adjusted that lower right hand corner.
In a bit, I’ll show you step-by-step how a framed the piece and finished the back of the frame. But for now, suffice it to say, I’m glad I’ve finally “finished” something! It always seems that anything I embroider these days gets put on hold and it never sees the finish line. I really need to stop doing that!
Happy Memorial Day!