It’s been a while since I’ve been able to devote a “chunk” of time to stitching. Yesterday, I actually made some progress on the Floral Glove project! I’m not finished yet by a long shot, but I did at least finish the top half of the piece, which is a relief. I’m hoping desperately to get the Blackwork Fish and the Floral Glove finished by the end of this week, so that I can move on to arranging a few other projects before we take off on our little road trip. And, hanging over my head like a low, dark cloud, there’s also the riffemrackemfrickemfrackem studio that needs cleaning and organizing this week! (More on that, later!)
In the meantime, here’s an ever-so-brief update of the project:
The top part came off pretty well, I think – I like it a lot, actually! Photos don’t quite do justice to the sparkle of the gold or the sheen of the silk, but eventually, I’ll get an outdoor shot in the sunshine.
I’m pretty sure I probably did the pearls wrong, but I like the way they turned out. I like the mound. I used the gold couching thread to attach them. I don’t know if that was correct, but it’s the only thread I had on hand that fit through the holes in the pearls. And I don’t mind the gold thread showing – I like it, actually. Had I thought about it, I might have filled the center with the gold soie de paris, so that a bit of that showed through, too.
Well, wish me luck on finishing this project this week! I’ll need it! (Better yet, wish me luck cleaning the studio….!!!!)