Good morning and happy Day After Thanksgiving!
Today, we kick off A Stitcher’s Christmas! This is a series of pre-Christmas give-aways here on Needle ‘n Thread for some delectable embroidery stuff, just in time for Christmas!
I’m kicking off the series with some gorgeous over-dyed threads, courtesy of Colour Complements…because, after all, who doesn’t like thread?
Colour Complements is a small hand-dyeing thread business in British Columbia, Canada. Lorraine dyes all kinds of threads in beautiful colors!
While she carries many standard thread types and weights (like perle cottons and cotton floss), Lorraine also dies a lot of specialty thread – like this Kreinik Braid or these Very Velvet Petite threads.
Lorraine dyes groups of shades in color families, called TRIOS, in #5 perle cotton. They’re perfect for working in color themes, especially on crazy quilts, needlepoint canvases, and the like. Fun!
And of course, you can find various weights of threads all available in the same color families so that you can mix thread weights (for example, perle cottons 5, 8, and 12, and stranded cotton) and maintain color consistency. To easily find all the threads weights in any given color, you can browse through her shop here.
If you stumble upon a color scheme you really like – say, this frosty 6-stranded cotton that would work great for a winter scene – just note the color number (in this case, 162) and search her Etsy shop for that number. All the thread weights available in that number will show up in the search results, like this.
Today’s give-away is the winner’s choice between either this thread sampler set in burgundy and green, or, if burgundy and green aren’t your thing, six skeins of whatever threads you want from the Colour Complements shop.
To join the give-away, please follow these guidelines:
This give-away is now ended – thanks for participating!
1. Leave a comment below. You can follow this link to get to the comment box. Comments left on other articles on Needle ‘n Thread or sent in via email are not eligible.
2. Please leave a recognizable name either in the name line or in the comment box, so that there’s no confusion when the winner is announced. You are not required to fill in the “Website” line on the form. This is for folks who have their own website or blog. Just leave it blank if you don’t have one.
3. In your comment, please answer the following question:
What are your favorite colors associated with Christmas or the winter holidays?
Are you a pink / pale green person? A dark burgundy and gold person? A blue and silver person? A bright Christmas red and green person? Do you go for contemporary color themes? Muted color themes? Do you like icy blues and whites? Or do you eschew common color schemes and go for something totally unique? Spill your guts about color! I’m curious!
4. Submit your comment by Wednesday, November 30th, 5:00 am central standard time (that’s in Kansas, USA). The winner will be randomly drawn that morning and announced at the beginning of Wednesday’s give-away. I’ll also notify the winner by email, so please make sure you enter your email address correctly on the comment form.
5. The winner will need to respond with mailing information within 48 hours, or another winner will be randomly drawn.
The give-away is open to everyone. You can enter each give-away in A Stitcher’s Christmas when they are published here on Needle ‘n Thread, but you can only enter each give-away once. Please don’t leave multiple comments on any one give-away.
Go forth and comment! And before you know it, you may be reveling in a nice new collection of gloriously colored threads from Colour Complements!
Don’t fret if your comment does not appear on the site immediately. Comments are queued for moderation, to avoid spammers. Sometimes, it takes a while for me to work through the list, but eventually, it will show up!