It’s that glorious time of year! Time to spread some pre-Christmas cheer!
Today is the first installment of A Stitcher’s Christmas, 2018 – a series of delectable pre-Christmas give-aways hosted here on Needle ‘n Thread, with prizes offered by small needlework businesses around the world.
The series runs intermittently from now until Christmas. On each give-away day, I’ll announce the prizes and then, in the future give-aways, I’ll announce the winners. It’s very simple to join – you just need to answer the question posed in the give-away article using the comment form on that article (I’ll link you straight to it, so there’s no guess work), and before you know it, you could find a beautiful needlework treat landing in your mailbox this holiday season!
To get started, then, we’ll turn to the kind folks at Inspirations Studios who published, this year, another gorgeous book, A Passion for Needlework, Factoria VII, and have offered five copies – one to each of five winners – for this year’s Stitcher’s Christmas.
I reviewed the book in depth here, if you’d like to see what it’s all about. There are lots of lovely projects in the book, all presented in a gorgeously photographed setting.
This book is a must-have on your Christmas Wish List. It’s a real treat!
This give-away is now ended. Thanks for participating!
To join in today’s give-away, please follow the guidelines below:
1. Please answer the question below in the comment form at the end of this article. This link will take you directly to the comment form you need to use, in case you can’t find it (but you might want to read the question below, before you go to the comment form.)
2. Please do not leave anonymous comments. Leave a recognizable name (it can be a nickname, it can be your full name, it can be your first name and where you live…) and please make sure your email address is entered correctly. If I can’t contact you to let you know you won, I’ll draw a different name.
3. In your comment, answer the following:
Name your favorite embroidery (or needlework) stitch and describe the last project in which you used it.
4. Leave your comment before 5:00 am this Friday (Central Time), November 30th. The winners will be randomly drawn and announced here on Needle ‘n Thread on Friday, which is when the next give-away will also be posted.
5. You may enter each give-away in A Stitcher’s Christmas once. Duplicate entries on the same give-away will be deleted.
You only have a few short days to join in, so have at it!
Coming Up on Needle ‘n Thread
Last week, I launched A Thousand Flowers, both the e-book and the kit. The kit is sold out for now, but I will have more available at a later date. I’m waiting on news about a backordered color of silk, and until I know when that’s coming, I don’t have a time frame for the next run of kits. As soon as I know, I’ll let you know!
If you’re eager to get started, the download (charts & instructions) for A Thousand Flowers is available here. If you don’t live in the States, you might consider purchasing the e-book and sourcing your own supplies within your country. International shipping options are limited, and they are expensive. (I suppose I’m shooting myself in the foot, saying that…)
Later this week, it’s all about Crewel – a gorgeous Christmas crewel kit for the next installment of A Stitcher’s Christmas!
I’m working on another tapestry small, but I’m also doing some surface embroidery, finishing up some loose ends on pieces left over from this past summer. Yesterday, it was an especially pleasant diversion, stitching flowers and butterflies while a blizzard raged right outside the window!
Hope your week is off to a great start!