Happy Friday, my friends, and welcome to the 8th installment of this year’s Stitcher’s Christmas!
Today, it’s all about thread again, because … well, who doesn’t like thread?
In particular, it’s a thread pack full of vibrant colors of floche, for a project that I’ll be releasing in the first part of 2022 (finally!). The project is called Key to My Heart, which I showed you here. And here. And even a little bit here.
You can, of course, use the floche for any project you want. The colors are particularly bright and happy, and they’ll be a perfect antidote for the winter doldrums after Christmas (if you’re in a wintery climate).
Before we get on with today’s give-away, though, let’s wrap up Wednesday’s, which showcased two lovely needlework book collections from Search Press North America!
The first collection of books – featuring four of the newly reformatted RSN Essential Stitch Guides – is going to Barbara Jeff. The second – featuring five special technique & project books – is going to Eunice Hayes. I will email you this morning, ladies! Please keep an eye out!
Floche Thread Pack
The floche pack that I’ve put together for the 2022 release of Key to my Heart includes 20 colors of DMC cotton floche, put up in twists of approximately 50 yards each, or one-third of a hank. There’s enough floche there to work several designs, whether you’ll want to stitch Key to my Heart in 2022, or maybe a voided monogram like this one (which uses the same colors), or anything else that floats your boat!
If you’ve never tried it, I think you’ll find it delightful! It is by far my favorite cotton embroidery thread!
This give-away has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
If you’d like to participate in today’s give-away, please follow these guidelines, including answering the question posed in #6.
1. Leave a comment on this article, on Needle ‘n Thread. You can reach the comment form for this article by following this link. Your comment must be left on the website. Comments received via email are not eligible.
2. Please do not use the “reply” feature in the comment area to reply to someone else’s comment. Replies in the comments are not counted in the drawing.
3. Please leave a recognizable name in the “Name” line on your comment. If your name is Mary, for example, you might qualify it with a last initial or a nickname, so that, when the winner is announced, you recognize your name, and other people with the same first name aren’t confused when the winners are announced.
4. Please make certain your email address is entered on the comment form in the “email” line only. Do not include personal information like mailing addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses in the large comment box! Leaving public information on any website is a good way to end up with a lot of spam.
5. Please leave the website line on the comment form blank.
6. In your comment, please answer the following:
Pick a thread, any thread! What’s YOUR all-time favorite hand embroidery thread, and why?
7. This give-away ends on Monday, December 20, 2021, at 5:00 am Central Time. The winner will be randomly drawn that morning and announced in the give-away for that day. The winner will also receive a notification via email. If your name is drawn for the give-away, you’ll need to reply to my email within three days (72 hrs). If I don’t hear from you within that time frame, I’ll draw for another name.
The give-away is open to anyone, anywhere. The prizes will be shipped from the business offering them. Please understand that any additional fees or import taxes or anything similar are the responsibility of the winner. Needle ‘n Thread is not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Winners should be aware that shipping may be delayed, and that there’s no guaranteed arrival time frame. Some prizes in this series will probably not arrive before the end of the year.
When you leave your comment on the website, it may not appear right away. Comments are moderated to avoid spam on the website. This means that I manually approve each comment before it is posted. Never fear! It will show up eventually!