Welcome to the last installment of A Stitcher’s Christmas for 2021!
The Last, you say? Weren’t there supposed to be ten?
Welllll… some unfortunate news: there were supposed to be ten, but the final give-away collection, titled “My Favorite Things,” didn’t come together as planned due to some shipping problems. I’ve waited as long as I could to announce this, thinking that by some miracle, a special package would arrive here by now. Alas, it didn’t.
No worries – I’ll try to revamp and run a special give-away in the New Year at some point. Maybe a “Beat the Winter Blues” give-away or something!
Don’t be sad! Today we’ve got another Big, Beautiful give-away from Search Press North America. And that’s worth celebrating!
I’ll also announce the recipient of the floche pack from Friday. Then, I’ll finish up with a bit of news, so you know what you can expect on Needle ‘n Thread for the next couple weeks.
Read on, read on…
Oh, the floche pack! It’s such a gladsome and cheery collection of colors. I can’t wait to get that project launched for you!
The recipient of the floche pack from Friday’s give-away is Stephanie C! I’ll email you this morning, Stephanie, so please keep an eye out!
And now, the more books! A whole bunch of books for your creative library, or to give to creative friends and family. Here’s what’s on for today.
A-Z Reference Collection
First, a reference collection for the needlework enthusiast. The randomly drawn winner of this collection will receive six of the world-renowned A-Z series of needlework books, including the following titles:
A-Z of Goldwork with Silk Embroidery
A-Z of Crewel Embroidery
A-Z of Embroidery Stitches
A-Z of Embroidery Stitches 2
A-Z of Ribbon Embroidery
A-Z of Stumpwork
This is an excellent reference collection for all of these types of embroidery. The books feature step-by-step photos of all the basic (and beyond basic) techniques that will help you master each embroidery type. They’re beautiful books, too, and fun to peruse for inspiration!
Expand your Creative Skills Collection!
Second, we have something a little different. This is a “New Skills” collection featuring all kinds of creative books that you can keep to explore, to expand your own creative skills – or maybe you have family or friends who are looking for a creative escape? You can share the wealth!
In this collection, there are nine beautiful craft books published by Search Press, including the following:
Textile Artist: Expressive Stitches
Making Felt Hats
The Art of Punch Needle Embroidery
The Eco-Christmas Craft Book
Punch Needle Embroidery for Beginners
Mini Amigurumi Animals
Needle Felting for Beginners
Macramé for the Modern Home
What a great way to ring in the New Year, with the anticipation of learning new skills or sharing some crafting adventures with people you love!
If you’d like to participate in today’s give-away, please follow these guidelines, including answering the question posed in #6.
This give-away has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
1. Leave a comment on this article, on Needle ‘n Thread. You can reach the comment form for this article by following this link. Your comment must be left on the website. Comments received via email are not eligible.
2. Please do not use the “reply” feature in the comment area to reply to someone else’s comment. Replies in the comments are not counted in the drawing.
3. Please leave a recognizable name in the “Name” line on your comment. If your name is Mary, for example, you might qualify it with a last initial or a nickname, so that, when the winner is announced, you recognize your name, and other people with the same first name aren’t confused when the winners are announced.
4. Please make certain your email address is entered on the comment form in the “email” line only. Do not include personal information like mailing addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses in the large comment box! Leaving public information on any website is a good way to end up with a lot of spam.
5. Please leave the website line on the comment form blank.
6. In your comment, please answer the following:
If you could learn or improve ONE creative skill well that you don’t already do well (and it doesn’t have to be embroidery-related), what would it be and why? What’s the one thing you’ve looked at and said, “Wow. I’d love to learn to do that well”?
For me, it could almost be a gazillion things, but I think if I had to pick one, it would be illumination and lettering. I’ve always been drawn to fine lettering, and although I’ve dabbled over the years, I’ve never learned either illumination or hand lettering really well. It’s never too late, though, right?!
7. This give-away ends on Friday, December 24th, 2021, at 5:00 am Central Time. The winners will be randomly drawn that morning and announced in the give-away for that day. The winners will also receive a notification via email. If your name is drawn for the give-away, you’ll need to reply to my email within three days (72 hrs). If I don’t hear from you within that time frame, I’ll draw for another name.
The give-away is open to anyone, anywhere. The prizes will be shipped from the business offering them. Please understand that any additional fees or import taxes or anything similar are the responsibility of the winner. Needle ‘n Thread is not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Winners should be aware that shipping may be delayed, and that there’s no guaranteed arrival time frame. Some prizes in this series will probably not arrive before the end of the year.
When you leave your comment on the website, it may not appear right away. Comments are moderated to avoid spam on the website. This means that I manually approve each comment before it is posted. Never fear! It will show up eventually!
Upcoming on Needle ‘n Thread
I’m taking some time off for the Christmas holidays.
Of course, you know I’ll be doing a bit of stitching in the background, but mostly at home in front of the fireplace (uh… the electric heater that I pretend is a fireplace), with the Christmas lights on!
The shop is open for downloads all the time, but for shipping tangible goods (there are some books, kits, and a few ready-to-stitch items still in stock), the last day for shipping this year will be this Wednesday, December 22nd.
I’ll be back on January 3rd, when I will share with you some plans for 2022. I’ll announce an exciting new series that I’ll be running here on the blog. I can’t wait to share it with you!
This Friday, December 24th, I’ll pop in with the winner of today’s give-away and my Merry Christmas wishes for you.
I hope you have a wonderful week! I’ll see you Friday!