This is another one of those “little projects” I’ve been working on when I can snatch a minute here and there. I haven’t had time to delve into anything big lately! The size of this makes it very convenient to pick up and put down again, without having a huge project out. This is another example of needle painting – this time, an iris.
There are two flowers I just love – the iris and the daffodil – and I really love them together…. It was only natural, then, that Tanja Berlin’s Iris caught my eye and became one of those “must do” kits. Too bad she doesn’t have a daffodil! I’ll have to drum that one up on my own.
So here’s the iris so far….
Admittedly, it ain’t perfect! The large bowl-shaped petal on the top right was the most difficult part of the pattern. I like it in the right light, but if the light’s not right, my stitches don’t look so good. I’m still debating about that one…
You can see what I mean up close here. From far away, it looks a lot better!
I like the leaves and stems, but the bud part is a little stiffer and unnatural looking. When I finish the flower, I’m going to go back in and do something about those leaves around the bud and on the bud stem. They’re just too “coloring-book” looking. They need some depth, and a little more of a wrinkly taper at the top of the leaves (like on the left leaf next to the bud).
So that’s my current little project… I need to get on with some bigger things, like the silk sampler – we have our first autumn guild meeting Monday, and I haven’t made any headway on that recently! And then I’ve got two projects that have been requested that I want to start, AND…. oh, stay tuned – I’ll post about this – I’ve got beetle wings to play with! And some videos I need to edit!
Time… it’s not on my side. I think I’ll write a song…
Leave A Comment