Today, I’ll tell you a little bit about Hand & Lock and their classes and then, courtesy of Hand & Lock, I’ll announce a very special give-away.
And I mean Very Special – once-in-a-life-time-special!
Hand & Lock is a company in the UK with 250+ years of excellence in hand embroidery behind them. They are a prestigious, world-reknowned establishment that produces hand embroidery for many of the great couture houses of Europe, for royals, dignitaries, the military, the church, and private citizens alike.
Hand & Lock offers weekend and one-day workshops in the UK and sometimes, in the US.
Yearly, they sponsor the Hand & Lock Prize, which celebrates fashion embroidery and is coveted by students and others wishing to break into the couture embroidery industry.
Hand & Lock Williamsburg Class List
This September, Hand & Lock will be offering classes in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The classes include the following (you can click on the links for descriptions and to register):
Tambour Beading, Level One (2-day workshop, starting September 21st)
Tambour Beading, Level Two (3-day workshop, starting September 23rd)
Haute Couture Intensive (Tambour Beading Levels 1 & 2 – 5 days, beginning September 21st)
Monogramming, Level One (3-day workshop, starting September 23rd)
(They have had some technical difficulties with their website lately, but if you click on those links, they will take you to each class description, with the ability to register.)
A Special Give-Away
Hand & Lock is offering one Needle ‘n Thread reader a spot at the class of your choosing in Williamsburg this fall, with a value up to US$995.00.
Truly, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to attend a professional class at this level, tuition paid!
These are the particulars you need to know, before entering this give-away:
1. You must be available to attend the class. If you know you won’t be available or it isn’t likely that you would be available, you should give this give-away a miss. If you know for certain that you will and can do what it takes to attend the class (get time off work, take time away from home, travel whatever distance, and so forth), then by all means, do enter!
2. The give-away covers tuition and class materials. Travel expenses, lodging, meals and all other expenses besides the spot in the class and the materials kit that comes with it are the responsibility of the winner.
3. Needle ‘n Thread is not responsible for any aspect of this give-away, beyond offering it, selecting the winner randomly, and establishing communication between the winner and Hand & Lock. Once communication is established between the winner and Hand & Lock, all responsibility on the part of Needle ‘n Thread relating to this give-away ends.
4. Entrants must follow the give-away guidelines below.
5. At the end of the give-away, the winner will be announced and contacted, to confirm intention to attend the class. If the winner decides not to attend, another winner will be drawn.
This give-away is now closed. Thanks for participating!
To enter today’s give-away, please follow these guidelines:
2. On the comment form, fill out the “name” line and the “email” line. The email address must be a valid address.
3. In your comment box, please answer the following question:
Of the classes listed above, which one appeals to you most and why?
4. The winner will be drawn randomly on Monday, April 6th, and will be announced that day. The winner will need to contact me within a week, to accept the offer; otherwise, a new winner will be drawn.
The give-away is open to US residents who have the capability of traveling to Williamsburg, VA, for the scheduled class dates and who, by entering the give-away, affirm that they have read and understood the give-away details above.
Needle ‘n Thread is not affiliated with Hand & Lock. There is no remuneration for this article. I agreed to do the give-away solely because I think it offers one of you a terrific opportunity.