Since it’s Friday, and since I love you this much, it’s a perfect day to continue with A Stitcher’s Christmas, and to venture into that realm that most stitchers can’t resist: tools…
…and more specifically…
I haven’t met one committed stitcher in my life who doesn’t love a good pair of scissors. Sure, you can get by with anything that’ll cut a piece of thread, but the pleasure that comes from using a Really Good Pair of Embroidery Scissors? It’s hard to beat!
So here it is – A Stitcher’s Christmas #4 involving scissors! We’ll also find out who the five winners are of A Stitcher’s Christmas #3 – embroidery kits and magazines from Inspirations.
Read on…and don’t forget to follow the give-away guidelines if you want a chance to win some fantastic embroidery scissors!
Ohhhh. There they are! Lovely, wonderful, delicious, superb, luscious embroidery scissors.
I love a good pair of embroidery scissors. And these two…they’re really good!
More below…let’s do the winners from Monday’s give-away first!
Double Delight Stocking Kit & Magazine Winners
Speaking of Inspirations…if you put one thing on your embroidery-related gift list this year, it should be a subscription to this magazine. It’s a gorgeous gift that keeps on giving. So drop hints to the right people! It’s worth it!
Here are the winners, whom I will contact by email: Seanna Carey, Becky Hamilton, Jack Markade, Kay (Hari), and Stacia Mountain Mom.
Congratulations! Enjoy the kits!
Now, let’s get to the point. The sharp point. Scissors.
Today, I’m giving away two pairs of scissors, one each to one of two winners.
The first pair, courtesy of Hedgehog Handworks, is this pair of diamond stainless 3.5″ embroidery scissors from Dovo, of Solingen, Germany.
I had these scissors once. I made the Big Bad Mistake of lending them to someone and I haven’t seen them since. They’ve gone the way of Lost Things. They were by far my Favorite Scissors Ever. I wrote about them thoroughly right here, if you want to see what they’re like.
The second pair (the red and white), courtesy of Nordic Needle, is this oh-so-pretty (and functional, and excellent quality) special edition pair from Gingher, also made in Germany.
These scissors are a cross between downright pretty and even super adorable. I love them! I’m a sucker for red (if you can’t tell by my website), and these just captivated my little scissor-loving heart. I put them on my wishlist for this year! For the scissor collector who likes quality scissors that catch the eye, they’re a great addition to the tool box! And Gingher’s made-in-Germany scissors are always excellent quality.
If you’d like a chance to win one of these two pairs, please follow the guidelines below.
This give-away is now ended. Thanks for participating!
1. Leave a comment below. You can follow this link to get to the comment box. Comments left on other articles on Needle ‘n Thread or sent in via email are not eligible.
2. Please leave a recognizable name either in the name line or in the comment box, so that there’s no confusion when the winner is announced. Please do not fill in the “Website” line on the form unless you own your own website. This is for folks who have their own website or blog. Please leave it blank if you don’t own your own website or blog.
3. In your comment, please answer the following question:
What’s your favorite holiday tradition? (If you have one. If not, tell us what you like about this time of year!)
4. Submit your comment by Wednesday, December 14, 5:00 am central standard time (that’s in Kansas, USA). The winner will be randomly drawn that morning and announced in the next give-away. I’ll also notify the winner by email, so please make sure you enter your email address correctly on the “email” line on the form.
5. The winner will need to respond with mailing information within 48 hours, or another winner will be randomly drawn.
The give-away is open to everyone. You can enter each give-away in A Stitcher’s Christmas when they are published here on Needle ‘n Thread, but you can only enter each give-away once. Please don’t leave multiple comments on any one give-away.
Now, let’s cut to the chase – go leave your comment, because you know you want a new pair of scissors for Christmas!
Don’t fret if your comment does not appear on the site immediately. Comments are queued for moderation, to avoid spammers. Sometimes, it takes a while for me to work through the list, but eventually, it will show up!