I don’t know about you, but I love embroidery thread! If you love it, too, then today’s episode of A Stitcher’s Christmas should be right up your alley!
Lorraine from Colour Complements – a small business specializing in hand-dyed fibers – is offering a you-pick selection of five skeins of her thread for today’s give-away.
First, I’ll announce the names of last Friday’s give-away, and then we’ll look at today’s lovely gift.
Last Friday’s give-away was a “custom” set from yours truly, featuring three ready-to-stitch flour sack towels in designs of your choice, with some threads and stitch guides.
I randomly drew three winners this morning for Friday’s give-away, and here they are: Maggie Kuhn, Tina Nichols, and KathyB. I’ll email the winners this morning!
And now, let’s talk thread!
If you visit the Colour Complements website, you’ll know right away that it really is all about color. Lorraine hand dyes a variety of fibers used for needlework, in a fabulous range of colors and color combinations.
Probably the most popular among hand embroiderers is the 6-stranded floss. But she also offers perle cotton, floche, overdyed ric-rac, and sampler packs of dyed threads.
For today’s give-away, the winner gets to pick five skeins of choice from Colour Complements. I have to admit, it’s not an easy prize! Imagine having to make a selection of your five favorites!
The Give-Away Question & Guidelines
If you would like to be included in today’s give-away, please answer the question posed below in guideline #6 and please follow the rest of the guidelines, too.
This give away has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
1. Leave a comment on this article, on Needle ‘n Thread. You can reach the comment form for this article by following this link. Your comment must be left on the website. Comments received via email are not eligible.
2. Please do not use the “reply” feature in the comment area to reply to someone else’s comment. Replies in the comments are not counted in the drawing.
3. Please leave a recognizable name in the “Name” line on your comment. If your name is Mary, for example, you might qualify it with a last initial or a nickname, so that, when the winner is announced, you recognize your name, and other people with the same first name aren’t confused when the winners are announced.
4. Please make certain your email address is entered on the comment form in the “email” line only. Do not include personal information like mailing addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses in the large comment box! Leaving public information on any website is a good way to end up with a lot of spam.
5. Please leave the website line on the comment form blank.
6. In your comment, please answer the following:
What is your favorite holiday color combination? Are you a red-green-gold fan? Lime greens and pinks? Blues, whites, silvers? Creams and burgandies? Purples and jewel tones? Do you go traditional or all-out modern?
7. This give-away ends on Wednesday, December 8, 2021, at 5:00 am Central Time. The winners will be randomly drawn that morning and announced in the give-away for that day. The winners will also receive a notification via email. If your name is drawn for the give-away, you’ll need to reply to my email within three days (72 hrs). If I don’t hear from you within that time frame, I’ll draw for another name.
The give-away is open to anyone, anywhere. The prizes will be shipped from the business offering them. Please understand that any customs fees or import taxes or anything similar are the responsibility of the winner. Needle ‘n Thread is not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Winners should be aware that shipping may be delayed, and that there’s no guaranteed arrival time frame. Some prizes in this series will probably not arrive before the end of the year.
When you leave your comment on the website, it may not appear right away. Comments are moderated to avoid spam on the website. This means that I manually approve each comment before it is posted. Never fear! It will show up eventually!