We’re moving along pretty quickly here – one more give-away, and we’re half-way through this year’s series.
As Kermit the Frog would say, time’s fun when you’re having flies!
Today’s Stitcher’s Christmas features miniature stocking ornaments – finished and unfinished. I’ll explain below, but first, I’ll announce the lucky duck who gets to select a five-skein collection from Colour Complements!
Monday’s installment of Stitcher’s Christmas was a you-pick thread selection of five skeins, courtesy of Colour Complements.
If you love overdyed threads, you should add Lorraine to your list of thread suppliers and visit her site regularly to see her new colorways. You can sign up for notifications on the website, and you can also stop in at the Colour Complements blog, which features lots of gorgeous projects worked with Lorraine’s hand-dyed threads. If you’re looking for inspiration, it’s a great place to see color – and lots of it – at work! You can also follow Lorraine on Instagram and on Facebook.
Who gets to select their own favorite colors in five skeins of thread from Colour Complements? Why, that would be Cornelia, whose answer cracked me up. “Like Yukon Cornelius, I’m all about silver and gold.” Yay! I’ll drop you an email this morning – please keep an eye out for it and respond as soon as you can. Thanks!
Today’s Stitcher’s Christmas goes to one lucky person somewhere, and it involves a three-part parcel.
First, you’ll receive your very own Mini Sampler Stocking kit, which contains everything you need to create your own mini sampler stocking ornaments.
These kits have been really popular, and the resulting ornaments are really cute and functional little stockings that you can slip tiny gifts into. You could fold up some cash, write a little note, maybe slide in a pair of earrings or other jewelry for your mom, perhaps a new pair of embroidery scissors for a stitching buddy – lots of possibilities!
The kit will come with the Mini Sampler Stockings instructions already printed and spiral bound for you (instead of the e-book).
I have a few of these printed instructional books available, spiral bound with a clear plastic cover, and I’ll slip one in with the winner’s kit.
And just so you won’t have to wait until you finish your own stockings to have one to hang on your tree, I’ll also include in your package one of the finished samples made when I first prepared this project. It’ll be your own ornament straight from my house to yours, for your tree or for gift-giving.
The Give-Away Question & Guidelines
This give-away has ended. Thanks to all who participated!
If you would like to be included in today’s give-away, please answer the question posed below in guideline #6 and please follow the rest of the guidelines, too.
1. Leave a comment on this article, on Needle ‘n Thread. You can reach the comment form for this article by following this link. Your comment must be left on the website. Comments received via email are not eligible.
2. Please do not use the “reply” feature in the comment area to reply to someone else’s comment. Replies in the comments are not counted in the drawing.
3. Please leave a recognizable name in the “Name” line on your comment. If your name is Mary, for example, you might qualify it with a last initial or a nickname, so that, when the winner is announced, you recognize your name, and other people with the same first name aren’t confused when the winners are announced.
4. Please make certain your email address is entered on the comment form in the “email” line only. Do not include personal information like mailing addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses in the large comment box! Leaving public information on any website is a good way to end up with a lot of spam.
5. Please leave the website line on the comment form blank.
6. In your comment, please answer the following:
What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
7. This give-away ends on Friday, December 10, 2021, at 5:00 am Central Time. The winner will be randomly drawn that morning and announced in the give-away for that day. The winners will also receive a notification via email. If your name is drawn for the give-away, you’ll need to reply to my email within three days (72 hrs). If I don’t hear from you within that time frame, I’ll draw for another name.
The give-away is open to anyone, anywhere. The gifts will be shipped from the business offering them. Needle ‘n Thread is not responsible for lost or damaged packages. Winners should be aware that shipping may be delayed, and that there’s no guaranteed arrival time frame. Some prizes in this series will probably not arrive before the end of the year.
When you leave your comment on the website, it may not appear right away. Never fear! It will show up eventually!