Over the years, I’ve compiled a whole lot of embroidery stitch tutorials & tips here on Needle ‘n Thread.
For Needle ‘n Thread newcomers and veterans alike, today, I’d like to recap some of my favorite groups of stitch tutorials, so that you can explore them all from one spot. Many of you may have seen these before, so this may just serve as a reminder that the tutorials are there for you. Plus, you can add this article to your bookmarks or as a home screen shortcut, so that you can have easy access to several different groups of stitch tutorials and tips.
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, why not explore some of the tutorials and practice some of these stitches on a doodle cloth? It’s a great way to add to your stitching repertoire!
Here’s a list of some of the collections of stitch tutorials & tips that you’ll find on Needle ‘n Thread.
The first two items on the list are devoted to general stitch tutorials.
The other collections were assembled to solve specific problems.
- The Stitch Fun Series – this is a group of step-by-step photo tutorials for all kinds of composite stitches, more obscure stitches, and different ways to mix up your stitches. Sometimes, it includes troubleshooting certain stitches.
- How-To Videos for Embroidery Stitches – This is a collection of video tutorials for a variety of embroidery stitches. You’ll also find an alphabetical index of embroidery stitch tutorials on this page.
- Ten Hand Embroidery Stitches You Should Know – these are my Top Ten embroidery stitches. If you’re new to hand embroidery and you’re wondering where to start and what stitches to learn, try these!
- 16 Embroidery Stitches for Leaves – Since leaves are often interpreted in embroidery, I put together a collection of 16 embroidery stitch tutorials that are specifically useful for stitching leaves.
- 16 Embroidery Stitches for Adding Texture & Dimension – here’s a list of textural and dimensional embroidery stitches that will add a bit of interest to your embroidery projects.
- 16 Filling Stitches for Hand Embroidery – In hand embroidery, we’re often faced with decisions on how to fill spaces, especially larger ones. Here are 16 filling techniques that can help you make good decisions about fillings on your embroidery projects.
- Tips for Perfect Stem Stitch – Do you struggle with stem stitch? These 12 tips will help you master the stem stitch, which is one of the most popular stitches used in surface embroidery.
- Tips for Sensational Satin Stitch – Do you struggle with the satin stitch? Here are ten tips to help you create beautiful satin stitch elements on your hand embroidery projects. Satin stitch is one of the most elegant embroidery stitches. It’s simple in concept, and these tips will help you master it.
I hope you enjoy exploring this list and either learning new stitches or reacquainting yourself with some old friends!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Leave A Comment