- 10 - Stabbing the Coral Stitch – Solutions for Hooped Embroidery
- 5 - Embroidery Needle Facts: Three Points worth Knowing
- 27 - How to Embroider Wheat – a Simple Approach
- 23 - It Holds Embroidery Hoops, Too!
- 16 - A Hodgepodge of Hand Embroidery Musings & Updates
- 9 - Reframing Embroidery Part 2: From Botched to Better
- 7 - Reframing Embroidery: Disassembly & Preparation
- 2 - Embroidery Frame Up: A Quandary – and Other News
- 22 - Hexagons, Happiness, and Expanding my Project Organization
- 10 - Jacobean Blues – Just a Bit of Embroidery
- 5 - Embroidery Kitting Adventures – On Boxes and Thread
- 1 - Needlepainting, Silk Shading, Soft Shading, Thread Painting…
- 30 - Protect Your Magnifier – and Everything Else!
- 28 - Three Favorite Filling Stitches & When to Use Them
- 20 - Tool Talk: Thimbles – Types & Usage
- 17 - Small Progress: Padding Needlepainting
- 13 - Weekend Stitching: An Exercise for Needlepainting
- 3 - How to Make a Quick Pin Cushion for your Needlework Tool Box
- 26 - Embroidery Design Transfer Experiment with Laundry Bluing
- 8 - The Easter Onion: Felt, Embroidery, and Failure!
- 3 - A Stitching Diversion: Playing in a Wheat Field
- 27 - Tool Talk: Thread Keeps & How to Make Your Own
- 25 - Weekend Stitching: Thinking through Whitework and Not Getting Far
- 18 - A New Embroidery Project & the Start-Up Thrills
- 13 - Stitching with Variegated Threads, Part II: Controlled Shades & Solids
- 6 - How to Stitch with Variegated Threads – Part I: Off the Skein & Reversed
- 25 - Weekend Embroidery: That Stylized Flower Line & Hoop Crushing
- 8 - Let’s Talk Project Organization – for One or Many Projects!
- 4 - The Ones that Have to Go – Reverse Stitching Ahead!
- 28 - Stitching a Tree, and Color Transitions
- 21 - Vintage Stamped Linen Tablecloth: The Quandary of Salvaging
- 9 - Tapestry Small, A Grinning Deer & Stitching on the Go
- 4 - Got Tulip Needles? (Or Bead Tubes?) – Organizational Tip
- 31 - Here’s a Treat: Embroidery Thread Skein Tips
- 1 - 5 Hand Embroidery Tips for Better Results & Easier Stitching
- 10 - 10 Hand Embroidery Stitches for Stems & Branches
- 6 - Kids’ Embroidery – The Last Installment
- 3 - Embroidery Classes: Some Results & Insights
- 30 - Stitch Tip: No-Knot Invisible Thread Start for Hand Embroidery
- 27 - Back of Embroidery: 3 Tips for Keeping it Neat – When it Matters!
- 6 - Goldwork Embroidery Frame: Linen, Felt Padding, Silk & Gold
- 2 - Sweet & Simple Embroidery: A Delicate & Easy Monogram
- 29 - Goldwork Frame Project: Selecting Goldwork & Silk Threads
- 27 - Embroidered Floral Corner – The Lite Version
- 25 - Slate Frame Adventures – Setting Up for Goldwork
- 20 - Don’t Underestimate the Fishbone Stitch!
- 18 - Weekend Embroidery: Filling Outside the Void
- 13 - Embroidery Transfer Tip: Erasing Pencil Mistakes from Fabric
- 11 - Navigating Needlework Floor Stands – Which One is Right for You?
- 8 - Embroidery Supplies Rolling In & Preliminaries for Kids’ Classes
- 30 - Oh, those Knotty Stitches! 12 Knot Stitches, Terrific for Texture
- 18 - Little Pieces of Embroidery – Covered Buttons and More!
- 16 - Stitch Tip: A Clean Start with Two Strands
- 11 - Color Choices and Stitching Up Some Monograms
- 3 - Party in Provence: Adding the Beads and Finished!
- 28 - My Thimble Substitute – It Works!
- 19 - Weekend Stitching: My Leafy Tree Sampler of Sorts
- 14 - On Thread Conditioning & Beeswax for Embroidery
- 12 - All About Real Thread Color Cards
- 9 - Party in Provence: The Little Medallion
- 7 - Stitch Tip: Short & Sweet – Eliminating Fuzzies
- 5 - Weekend Embroidery: Learning & Starting Anew
- 2 - Embroidery Projects: From One Extreme to the Other
- 23 - Stitch Fun! Stem Stitch Rose Tutorial
- 21 - Embroidery Stitch Tip: Changing Needle Sizes
- 19 - Documenting the Development of an Embroidery Project
- 16 - Party in Provence: Embroidering Outer Elements
- 5 - Embroidered Kaleidoscopes – An Index of Step-by-Step Projects
- 2 - A Brief Guide to Cotton Hand Embroidery Threads
- 29 - Party in Provence 4: Lots of Little Swirls
- 26 - Two Felted Mittens, Embroidered! The Finish & Recap
- 19 - Party in Provence Embroidery Project: Big Petals & Little Flowers
- 15 - Embroidered Mittens Progress – the Good, the Bad, the Ugly!
- 12 - Party in Provence: First Round and Layering
- 10 - Hand Embroidery on Felted Wool Mittens
- 5 - 5 Tips for Successful French Knots – Every Time!
- 3 - Let’s Get this Party Started!
- 20 - Tulip Festival Part IV – The Finish!
- 17 - Cotton or Silk Embroidery Threads for Silk Shading?
- 13 - Tulip Festival Part III: Tulips & Borders
- 10 - My Case for Silk in Hand Embroidery Projects
- 8 - Tulip Festival II: Embroidering Outward
- 6 - Tulip Festival Embroidery Project I: Getting Started
- 3 - Why Switch Embroidery Needles?
- 29 - Goldwork & Silk Christmas Ornament: Project Index
- 5 - Circle Sampler – Stitching Embroidered Spots
- 28 - Embroidery Archeology: Index of Articles
- 18 - How to Make Printable Hand Embroidery Patterns
- 16 - Embroidery Project Progress: Likes, Dislikes… & Lots of Texture!
- 19 - Floss Organization: Comb Binding Hack
- 14 - Beads for Embroidery: Packaging is (Almost) Everything!
- 7 - Stem Stitch Tip: Those Tight Little Curls
- 5 - What Stitch Where: 5 Tips for Selecting Embroidery Stitches
- 31 - Embroidery on the Backside: Perspective, Opinions, and Tips
- 17 - Picking out Stitching: The Fabric Difference
- 12 - Stop Stitching! What’s Your Time Worth?
- 1 - Exploring Linen: Origin, Quality, & Uses
- 12 - Hand Embroidery Tips: Thread Taming & Organizing
- 10 - When it Goes Amuck – And What to Do About It
- 7 - Fabric for Embroidery: Plain Weave vs. Even Weave
- 5 - Embroidery Transfer Ideas with Copper Stencils
- 31 - Silk Hand Embroidery Thread 101: Flat Silk
- 24 - Silk Hand Embroidery Thread 101: Twisted Filament Silk
- 22 - Making Time for Embroidery
- 20 - Silk Hand Embroidery Thread 101: Getting Started with Silk
- 17 - Stitch Fail! On Beaded Clumps
- 13 - 56-Count: The Peacock, Colors, and Craft Foam
- 8 - Stitch Fun! Lacy Buttonhole Wheel Eyelet
- 1 - February Finish – Modern Crewel! & Books Winner!
- 27 - Modern Crewel – Close to Finished & Handling Shortages
- 22 - Modern Crewel – Tips on Twists & Needles
- 1 - Keeping it Simple: On Hand Embroidery Needles
- 30 - Modern Crewel: Pomegranate, Stems & Leaves
- 27 - Rough Hands & Fine Threads? Some Tips!
- 25 - Embroidery Studio Organization: Clear the Table!
- 20 - I’m a Sucker for Embroidered Pomegranates
- 16 - Clip-on Lights for Needlework: Mighty Bright Review & Tips
- 13 - 56 Count: Setting Up Silk Gauze for Embroidery
- 9 - DIY: How to Frame Needlework Using Pins
- 6 - Padding Embroidery Stitches: Two Approaches & Some Tips
- 21 - Crewel Embroidery: Satisfying Stuff & Tips!
- 7 - Leafy Stitching – Because it’s Fall, After All
- 2 - Vintage Cotton Candy
- 26 - Purple & Green – A Thistly, Leafy, Dotty Monogram
- 24 - 8 Embroidery Tips for Beginners
- 22 - Embroidered Monograms Tips & Techniques – Index
- 15 - Pink Dots & a Blue Tongue – This Monogram’s Done!
- 13 - E is for…Embroidery!
- 7 - Embroidering a Pretty Monogram with Simple Stitches
- 31 - A Simpler Approach to a Voided Monogram – E
- 29 - RSN Applique – Techniques, Projects & Pure Inspiration – Book Review
- 24 - Hairy Edges, Knobby Bits, & the Back of the Hoop
- 16 - A is for…Almost Finished!
- 8 - Embroidering a Voided Floral-Themed Monogram
- 3 - How to Embroider a Simple Voided Monogram
- 28 - The Perfect Stem Stitch
- 26 - All About Backing Embroidery Ground Fabric
- 18 - Silk, Glorious Silk!
- 7 - Stitcher’s Block
- 5 - Summer Stitching Ideas
- 31 - Transfer Whitework Embroidery Designs with Confidence!
- 17 - Speeding Up Large Leaves in Long & Short Stitch
- 19 - The Stumpwork is Finished & Some Tips
- 4 - Late Harvest – Project Index
- 1 - Coloring Book Embroidery – A Glorious Peacock!
- 29 - Making Adjustments on Stumpwork Elements
- 26 - Stitching Up Spring and Happy Easter!
- 21 - Hotel Room Stitching: The Whats and Whys
- 22 - Embroidering Flat Back Crystals onto Late Harvest – the Grapes
- 16 - Late Harvest: A Lavish Leaf & Retrospective Tips
- 10 - Big Beads, Little Stitches, and Levels of Embroidery
- 8 - Embroidery Tip: Evenly Spaced Straight Lattice Fillings
- 5 - A Controversial Little Embroidery Tool that I Love
- 29 - Late Harvest: A Long Stumpwork Leaf & Some Tips
- 15 - My Stumpwork Snafu – with a Fairish Finish
- 27 - Woven Fillings Sampler & a Pumpkin Basket
- 21 - Fall Stitching, Anyone?
- 12 - Late Harvest Embroidery Project – Progress & a Tip!
- 7 - Basketweave Stitch & Shading
- 1 - 10 Tips for Quicker & Easier Stitching
- 29 - Playing about with Needle Woven Fillings
- 25 - Unraveling the Secrets of the Pull Skein
- 23 - Floss Pulling – One Strand at a Time
- 21 - Thread Organizing for a Large Needlework Project – All Done!
- 11 - A Shisha Tutorial with a New Foundation!
- 2 - Iron-On Embroidery Transfers – Comparisons, Tips & Resources
- 28 - The Lost Adventure of Satin Stitch & Floche
- 18 - Tambour Embroidery with Metallics & Mirrors
- 13 - Thread Talk: The Debate I Don’t Want to Have
- 11 - Make Your Own Tiny Shisha Mirrors
- 30 - Changing the Size of French Knots
- 28 - Branching Out with Split Stitch
- 21 - On Embroidery Kits & Following Instructions
- 20 - Embroidery with Beads – Index
- 15 - Choosing the Right Fabric for Hand Embroidery
- 7 - Sewing vs. Stabbing: Two Methods of Stitching
- 6 - Bead Embroidery Tip: Make Your Own Portable Bead Tray
- 2 - Dark Fabric, Metallic Threads, & Stitching Hurdles
- 1 - Organizing Beads for Embroidery
- 24 - Stitch Fun! Beaded Chain Stitch Blossoms
- 16 - Needlework Tools to Travel With
- 8 - Hand Embroidery Tips for Beginners – and Beyond!
- 4 - Adding Beads to Embroidery Stitches
- 1 - Organizing Embroidery Threads for a Large Project
- 22 - 16 Filling Stitches for Embroidery
- 21 - Hand Embroidery on Knit Fabric
- 20 - Save This Spot – a Little Finish
- 13 - Guess What’s Finished…
- 12 - Just Ducky! Tiny Embroidered Motifs
- 5 - Embroidered Book Cover: Assembly
- 4 - Embroidered Book Cover: The Embroidery
- 1 - Embroidered Book Cover – Colors & Set-Up
- 15 - Variegated Embroidery Thread & Ribbed Wheels
- 8 - Embroidery Pattern Printing – More Excursions
- 1 - Printing on Fabric: an Embroidery Pattern Transfer Solution
- 26 - Redwork Runner – Beginning the Hem
- 21 - 10 Tips for a Sensational Satin Stitch
- 12 - Setting up My Embroidery Carrot
- 17 - Embroidered Christmas Ornament from Stash, Part 2
- 15 - How to Embroider a Ruched Silk Ribbon Wreath
- 12 - DMC Memory Thread: the Whats and Hows
- 11 - Embroider a Christmas Ornament from your Stash – part 1
- 10 - Try this Embroidery Design Transfer Tip!
- 26 - How Many Strands Should I Use?
- 21 - Hand Embroidery Needles: How to Choose Them & Use Them
- 7 - Economic Alternative for Embroidery Stands
- 4 - I Believe in UFOs!
- 24 - Made to Be Used!
- 22 - Succumbing to Fishbone Stitch! (and how to shade with it)
- 21 - Hand Embroidery with Silk Chenille, part 3
- 20 - The Needle You Need!
- 16 - 12 Tips for a Better Stem Stitch!
- 13 - Embroidery with Silk Chenille, Part 2
- 10 - 5 Reasons to Make & Keep a Doodle Cloth
- 9 - Thread Talk! Silk Chenille Embroidery Thread, Part 1
- 6 - Embroidering Tail Feathers: Colors & Considerations
- 27 - Stitch Fun! Beaded Drizzle Stitch
- 24 - When Do You Use an Eraser with Embroidery?
- 19 - A Few Stitches, A Subtle Difference
- 18 - Embroidery Design Transfer Question & Frixion Pens
- 16 - Stitch Fun! Bullion Stem Stitch
- 11 - Secret Garden: The Wing is Finished (ish)!
- 9 - Secret Garden: Embroidering Feathers!
- 29 - Framing Up Satin Fabrics for Embroidery
- 23 - Secret Garden Hummingbirds – Stitching & Un-Stitching
- 16 - Hummingbirds: Initial Color Selection
- 5 - Embroidered E Monogram using Traditional Monogramming Techniques
- 26 - Saving Embroidery from Color Run
- 20 - From Long & Short Stitch to Needle Painting
- 19 - Manipulating Monograms to Create Hand Embroidery Designs
- 10 - On Needles, Floss, and Hoops for Embroidery
- 5 - Six Embroidered Flowers, One Embroidery Stitch Alteration
- 2 - Washing Old Cotton Embroidery Threads
- 16 - Pristine Cutwork Embroidery
- 15 - Something is Not Right: Skewed Stitches
- 13 - Pistil Stitch – Elongated French Knots – Tutorial
- 7 - Flower Stitching Tips for the Secret Garden
- 23 - Long & Short Stitch Shading – Changing the Order of Shades
- 21 - Chicken Scratch / Gingham Embroidery Index – & some history
- 8 - Ground Fabrics for Hand Embroidery – Some Blends
- 7 - Secret Garden Embroidery: Leaf Order Comparison
- 31 - How to Simplify the Embroidery
- 26 - Stitch Fun! Buttonholed Bullion Buttonhole Wheels
- 25 - Leaf Clusters & the Order of Stitching
- 24 - Silk Embroidered Blue Bird & Lessons Learned
- 20 - The Thread Color I Didn’t Think Of
- 19 - Thread Organization for Whole Sets of Embroidery Threads
- 17 - Lots of Green – and Some Stitch Mistakes, Too
- 14 - Long & Short Stitch Shading on Leaves
- 12 - Embroidery Fix & Foreshadowing
- 11 - Secret Garden: Embroidering Leaves & Musing & Pausing
- 7 - Secret Garden: Vines & Leaves & Stitching Tips
- 5 - Secret Garden: Embroidering the Small Leaves
- 3 - Secret Garden: Muting Vines with Brown
- 28 - Stem Stitch Curls & Spirals
- 27 - Stem Stitch Filling Tips
- 25 - Secret Garden: Embroidering the Center Vines
- 20 - Parking Embroidery Threads
- 19 - Starting and Traveling – Stitching Efficiency
- 18 - Tool Time! Noodles ‘n Thread – and Repurposing
- 17 - Secret Garden: More Vines & Stitching Tips
- 14 - Secret Garden: Working out the Vines
- 12 - Secret Garden Embroidery Project: My Thread Choice & Why
- 10 - Embroidery Thread Comparisons: Lining Up All the Cottons
- 7 - Framing Up the First Secret Garden Embroidery Project, with pointers
- 6 - Comparing Cotton Threads, Stitched
- 5 - Thread Talk! Sizing Up Cotton Threads
- 3 - Cotton Floche vs. Coton a Broder – Up Close
- 31 - Cotton Floche on a Petal & More About Threads
- 30 - Testing 1-2-3: Threads for the Hummingbirds
- 29 - Secret Garden Embroidery: Can Carelessness Pay Off?
- 20 - Reverse Chain Stitch Speeds Things Up
- 15 - Secret Garden Embroidery Project: Preliminaries
- 13 - Mission Rose – Finished! And Some Extra Notes
- 11 - Mission Rose: Corner Treatments & Finishing Touches
- 8 - A Shocking Blue Silk for the Mission Rose
- 6 - Mission Rose: Very, Very Close
- 20 - Goldwork Tip: Plunging Twist
- 18 - Long & Short Stitch in Wool – Fixed, and…
- 17 - What’s Your Needlework Wish?
- 14 - Embroidery & Scotch Tape – A Match Made in Heaven
- 13 - Mission Rose: Goldwork Outer Frame – Slow Progress. And a Weird Fluke!
- 9 - Crewel Tambour Embroidery – Combining Techniques in One Project
- 20 - Cotton Tulle – There’s a Big Difference!
- 19 - Mission Rose: Overcoming a Big Nagging Problem
- 18 - Tambour Embroidery How-to Video: The Basic Stitch
- 16 - Tambour Embroidery: Index
- 14 - Tambour Embroidered Flower: Finished & Materials List
- 12 - Tambour Embroidery: Learning Odds & Ends
- 7 - Stitch Fun: The Easiest Shisha Embroidery Technique Ever
- 5 - Mission Rose: Big Gold Thread!
- 30 - Goldwork Tip: Threading & Stretching Pearl Purl
- 28 - Mission Rose: Inner Frame Covered with Gold!
- 23 - Needle Wars! Tambour Needle vs. Crewel Needle
- 22 - Mission Rose: Goldwork Frame and Plunging & Taming Threads
- 21 - Save the Spools!
- 18 - Mission Rose: Goldwork on the Inner Frame
- 17 - Tambour Embroidery Project Finished – And a Tambour Hoop & Stand
- 3 - Tutorials for Hand Embroidered Leaves & Flowers
- 11 - Embroidery Hoop Talk: Questions Answered
- 9 - Stitch Fun: Cretan Stitch Leaves
- 5 - About Embroidery Patterns from Old Catalogs
- 4 - Embroidery Tip: Parking Embroidery Threads
- 30 - Stitch Fun: Fly Stitch Leaves
- 26 - Beginner Embroidery Tip: How to Separate Floss
- 16 - Mission Rose: Goldwork & Vermicelli
- 14 - Stitches & Colors & Letters – Oh My! Your Thoughts?
- 13 - Mission Rose: Change of Plan!
- 9 - Mission Rose: Goldwork on the Bud
- 6 - Mission Rose: Goldwork Outlines
- 1 - Mission Rose: Curls & Leaves
- 31 - What’s a Scissor Pull?
- 30 - Mission Rose: Large Rose Finished
- 25 - 25 Stitches & Stitch Combinations: A Goal
- 23 - Mission Rose: Beginning the Goldwork!
- 18 - Mission Rose: Goldwork Foundations
- 16 - Mission Rose: Applique Finished! What’s Next?
- 15 - Monograms on the Brain – and Good Lighting for Needlework!
- 9 - Transferring Embroidery Designs with Spray Starch
- 8 - Stitch Fun: Velvet Stitch – Some More Fluff!
- 2 - Mission Rose Embroidery Project: This Could Be a Mistake
- 27 - Mission Rose: The Bud
- 26 - Stitch Fun? Or Maybe Knot! Turk’s Head Knot Stitch
- 25 - DMC Diamant – Winner Announced! (and more thread talk)
- 24 - DMC Coton a Broder 25 (Art. 107): On Choosing Colors
- 21 - Mission Rose: Finished Stem & Beginning Bud
- 19 - Misson Rose: The Stem
- 14 - Mission Rose: Satin Stitch Complete & Stem Decisions
- 12 - Mission Rose: Satin Stitching – Still…
- 11 - Thread Talk: On Madeira Silk Floss
- 5 - Mission Rose: Outer Petal Edge
- 31 - Mission Rose: The Inner Petals
- 30 - Stitch Fun: Oyster Stitch Buds
- 27 - Mission Rose: Leaves Accomplished – Rose … Getting There!
- 23 - Working with Soie de Paris (& Other Filament Silk)
- 22 - Mission Rose – Small Leaf Dilemma
- 21 - Shadow Work Embroidery – A Monogram
- 15 - Mission Rose – All Thumbs!
- 10 - Mission Rose: Little Leaves in Satin Stitch
- 6 - Mission Rose – The Second Leaf Re-Do
- 2 - On Surface Embroidery and Linens
- 29 - Mission Rose: Leaf 1 and Leaf 2 and Dr. Seuss
- 25 - Mission Rose: Embroidering a Large Leaf
- 22 - Mission Rose: Protecting the Ground Fabric
- 19 - Mission Rose Embroidery Project: Color Choices
- 17 - Hungarian Redwork Runner: Red Tape and a Fix (or, Why I Don’t Watch Movies While I Stitch)
- 16 - Mission Rose in Silk & Gold – Embroidery Project Index
- 11 - Stitch Fun! Scalloped Buttonholed Chain Stitch!
- 10 - Mission Rose Embroidery: Frame & Design Transfer Decisions
- 9 - Mission Rose Embroidery Project: Ground Fabric!
- 5 - Stitch Fun: Embroidering a Thick Stem or Branch – Simple, but Effective
- 29 - Goldwork Embroidery: How to Build a Dimensional Lamb
- 28 - Deconstructing Goldwork Embroidery: Close-Up of the Agnus Dei
- 27 - Embroidery on Eggs: The Last Two
- 21 - Goldwork Deconstruction: Wheat
- 18 - Deconstructing Goldwork – Leaves
- 17 - Whitework on Color – Wee Shamrocks
- 14 - Embroidered Eggs: Raised & Woven Stitches are Easy
- 12 - Stitch Fun: More Lattice Sampler & Randomness
- 9 - Embroidered Eggs: Stitching Lines & Swirls
- 8 - Deconstructing Goldwork: The Rose – & Clues
- 4 - Embroidered Eggs: Designs & Drilling
- 2 - Hand Embroidery on Eggs – Index
- 1 - Stitch Glitch: The Frustrations of Making Lines Meet
- 27 - Deconstructing Goldwork – The Whole Lily & the Order of Work
- 26 - Stitch Fun: Battlement Couching!
- 25 - Embroidery on Eggs: Embroidery Supplies
- 23 - Stitch Glitch: Hungarian Braided Chain Starts & Stops
- 20 - Embroidery on Eggs: Preliminary Supplies
- 18 - Deconstructing Goldwork – Inside the Lily
- 15 - Deconstructing Goldwork IV: The Lily
- 14 - Hand Embroidery on Eggs – Sneak Peek
- 13 - Stitch Fun: Lattice Sampler!
- 12 - Deconstructing Goldwork – Project Index
- 11 - Deconstructing Goldwork, Part III – Goldwork Foundation
- 8 - Deconstructing Goldwork, Part II – Disassembling the Grapes
- 7 - Deconstructing Goldwork Embroidery – Part I
- 5 - Stitch Fun! Playing with Braids & Chains
- 31 - Clean Hands = Clean Embroidery & Traveling
- 30 - Jacobean Jumble – A Stitch Fun Sampler Pattern
- 26 - Stitch Fun: A Little More Lattice Filling
- 24 - Stitch Fun: Lacing and Whipping Embroidery Stitches
- 11 - Stitch Fun: Doodling with Lattice Stitches
- 9 - Beginner’s Embroidery Tip: Neatening the Edge
- 3 - Embroidery Tip: The Backstitch vs. Split Stitch Controversy
- 28 - Hand Embroidery on Painted Canvas
- 24 - Joy 3 – Putting the Design Together & Patterns
- 22 - Joy 1 – Developing an Embroidery Design
- 20 - Stitch Fun: Round Red Berries
- 19 - Stitch Fun: Simple Greenery, Part 2
- 18 - Stitch Fun: Free-Style Embroidered Greenery for Christmas
- 14 - Padded Satin Stitch: The Fix, part 2
- 13 - Padded Satin Stitch Blooper – The Fix, Part 1
- 6 - Hungarian Redwork Runner: Starting & Ending Threads
- 3 - Pull Here. No. Don’t. Aaargh.
- 1 - Project Progress: Seed Stitch, Stippling & Snipping
- 27 - Embroidery In Hand, No Hoop
- 21 - Stitch Fun: Seeing Stars – a Few More Samples
- 20 - Hungarian Redwork Runner: Embroidery Design Transfer
- 16 - Stitch Fun: Star Stitch – for Stars and Snowflakes
- 14 - Embroidery Design Layout – Basting Guidelines
- 13 - Preparing Linen for Embroidery
- 12 - Playing Around with Pipers Silk Gimp
- 10 - Testing Embroidery Threads: Colorfast?
- 9 - Selecting Stitches & Threads for Embroidery Projects
- 8 - Padded Satin Stitch & Saving Silk
- 6 - Hungarian Redwork Project: Final Design Preparations
- 3 - Favorite Transfer Methods for Embroidery Designs
- 2 - Transferring Embroidery Designs: a Cautionary Tale
- 1 - Clover Transfer Mesh – Testing 1-2-3
- 29 - Hungarian Redwork Embroidery Project – Take 2
- 24 - Hungarian Redwork Project: Preliminary Design Preparations
- 16 - Scintillating Silk: Embroidery Threads
- 11 - How to Embroider a Wee Pumpkin, in less than 5 minutes
- 9 - Embroidering Trees, Part 2: The Leaves
- 8 - Branching Out: Embroidering Trees, Part 1
- 2 - Stitch Fun: Guilloche Stitch
- 1 - Stitch Fun: Interlaced Chain Stitch
- 26 - Plaited Braid Stitch Video & Printable Instructions
- 12 - Simple & Quick Embroidery Design Transfer Method
- 11 - The Thread Hog!
- 7 - Trebizond, Plaited Braid, and Should-Onlies
- 24 - The Other Side
- 22 - Metal Thread Snips and Charcoal Blips
- 11 - Interlaced Herringbone – Printable Tutorial Available!
- 10 - Stitch Fun: Interlaced Herringbone – and Printables?
- 31 - Stitch Fun: Cast-On Stitch Rose
- 27 - Stitch Fun: Simple Cast-On Stitch Flower
- 14 - Embroidering Little Things – A Few Tips
- 13 - Wool Thread + Silk Thread = Good!
- 6 - Stitch Fun: Petals & Spokes & How to Space Them
- 4 - On Embroidery Stitches & Samplers
- 2 - Damp Stretching & Blocking Embroidery
- 22 - Stitch Fun: Shisha, No Mirrors
- 7 - Isolated French Knots, Part 2
- 6 - The French Knot vs. The Colonial Knot
- 4 - Isolated French Knots, Part 1
- 1 - How do You Solve the Dot Dilemma?
- 31 - Stitch Fun: Diagonally Striped Raised Band
- 24 - Appliquéing Hand Embroidery to Ground Fabric
- 16 - Goldwork Tip: How to Attach Grecian Twist
- 14 - Silk & Goldwork Embroidered Medallion – Finished!
- 10 - 5 Gold & Silk Roses – & Dot Discussion
- 2 - Five (x 10) Golden Rings!
- 30 - Embroidery from the Back & Changing the Order of Work
- 24 - Stitching Outlines – Details Matter
- 19 - When Goldwork Gets Hairy
- 18 - Stitch Play: Couching – Beyond the Straight Stitch
- 17 - Goldwork Tip: Sharp Corners
- 13 - Goldwork Embroidery: Never Ending, but So Worth It!
- 9 - Twisted Japanese Silk in Use
- 5 - Goldwork: Couching Stretched Pearl Purl
- 3 - Stitch Play: Inside-Out Buttonhole Wheel Flowers
- 30 - Stitch Play: Casalguidi Stitch – or Really Raised Stem Stitch!
- 29 - Stitch Play: Raised Stem Stitch
- 21 - Stitch Play: Raised Spider Daisy
- 16 - Stitch Play: Beaded Palestrina Stitch
- 15 - Goldwork Embroidery: Filled Dots
- 13 - Goldwork Dots on the Medallion
- 12 - Stitch Play: Combining Chain Stitch & Buttonhole Stitch
- 10 - Twisting Flat Silk – Video Tutorial
- 7 - Stitch Glitch: Spanish Knotted Feather Stitch Restart
- 29 - Stitch Play: Chain Stitch Spider Daisy
- 27 - Stitch Play: Whipping Two Rows of Chain Stitch
- 24 - Pitching a Curve: You Need One
- 23 - Stitch Glitch: Whipped Chain Stitch Tips
- 22 - Outlining with Gold & Silk
- 17 - Splitting the Difference: Split Stitch vs. Split Backstitch
- 16 - Splitting Hairs over Split Stitch?
- 11 - Medallion Update: Not There Yet
- 25 - Setting up Silk Gauze for a Little Stitching
- 20 - Cutting Felt Shapes for Embroidery Padding
- 18 - Raising Stitching
- 17 - Cutting Linen on the Grain
- 14 - Vermicelli Goldwork – Finished, and The Back
- 13 - A Golden Finish – er, Almost!
- 12 - How Much Thread?
- 10 - Laying Flat Silk: Direction of Filling
- 17 - Silver Thread, Silver Thread…
- 13 - How To End Couched Goldwork Threads
- 12 - Don’t Underestimate the Stitch
- 8 - Step Your Stitches
- 3 - Vermicelli Goldwork
- 25 - Flat Silk & Gold Threads
- 19 - Pounce Transfer Kit, Part 2
- 18 - Make Your Own Pounce Transfer Kit: Part I
- 17 - Stop Shifting – Simple Basting
- 16 - The Big Needlework Cover Up
- 14 - Cleaning Vintage Crewel Work Embroidery
- 11 - Marian Medallion Church Embroidery – Project Index
- 10 - Product & Process & Product
- 9 - Hank, I Love You!
- 7 - Taking Embroidery Off the Frame
- 5 - Packaging is Everything
- 3 - Subtle Contrast with Stem Stitch: Thread Thickness & Color
- 2 - Contrast in Embroidered Fillings
- 1 - Hand Embroidery, with Chopsticks
- 27 - Slanting Stitches, or Why Start in the Middle?
- 21 - Hand Embroidery: A Small Step
- 19 - A Tale of Two Lotions Specifically Made for Needlework
- 17 - Desperate Times, Alien Hands, and Silk Threads
- 14 - What’s a Laying Tool?
- 13 - Medallion Progress & Stem Stitch Notes
- 12 - Awl’s Well with the Right Tools
- 30 - Satin Stitch Recaps
- 15 - Tacking Felt Padding for Goldwork
- 14 - Awl with Flat Silk & Questions Answered
- 13 - Flat Silks: Tips & Techniques
- 9 - You Can Pounce Felt
- 26 - The Bullion Knot Flower Petal
- 24 - Working a Bullion Knot, Framed Up
- 19 - On Slate Frames
- 12 - Goldwork & Silk Tudor-Style Rose: The Finish
- 9 - Goldwork on Velvet – Transferring Embroidery Design
- 8 - 5 Things You Need to Know About Hand Embroidery Needles
- 6 - 5 Things You Need to Know About Hand Embroidery Fabric
- 27 - Goldwork & Silk Tudor-Style Rose: An Outline
- 26 - Sanding Embroidery Patterns
- 25 - Plunging Lasso for Sinking Embroidery Threads
- 17 - Goldwork & Silk Tudor-Style Rose Tutorials – Index
- 16 - Goldwork & Silk Rose Stitching Instructions, Part 2
- 9 - Satin Stitching to a Sharp Point
- 6 - Stitch Fun: Daisy Stitch in Two Colors, Take Two
- 5 - Tipping Daisy Stitch with Color
- 1 - Hand Embroidery Design Transfer Lessons
- 29 - Elizabethan Twist Couched on Silk Fabric
- 28 - Couching Gold Thread over Flat Silk
- 27 - Basketweave Stitching in Gold Threads
- 23 - Fabric for Embroidery: Take Two
- 22 - Choosing Fabric for Embroidery Project: Narrowing Down
- 18 - Simple is Good: Straight Stitch Flowers
- 13 - Embroidery Fluff & How to Make It Fluffy
- 2 - Prick & Pounce Embroidery Design Transfer
- 16 - Satin Stitch Padding – Follow Up Tip!
- 15 - Satin Stitched Dot Tutorial
- 4 - Separating Floche
- 3 - Buttonhole Stitch Face-Off
- 24 - Bullion Knots and Thread Twist
- 22 - Buttonhole Stitch – Direction Makes a Difference
- 7 - Jacobean Jumble Project – Wool Felt for Padding Goldwork and Silk Stitches
- 25 - Pomegranate Corners: The Stitching Begins
- 19 - Now You See It, Now You Don’t. Now You See It.
- 10 - Goldwork Thread Tray & How To Make One
- 6 - S-Twist vs Z-Twist Embroidery Threads, Stitched
- 5 - S-Twisted vs. Z-Twisted Embroidery Threads
- 29 - Keeping a Thread Log
- 27 - Transfer-Eze Finish
- 23 - Playing Around with Transfer-Eze
- 17 - You have to Know When to Stop
- 14 - Proserpina: Choosing Linen and Transfer Method
- 13 - Make your Own Light Table for Tracing Embroidery Patterns
- 2 - Needle Arts Class: Color Control
- 26 - From Button to Needle Minder
- 23 - Braid Stitch Video Tutorial – aka Cable Plait Stitch
- 13 - Twisted Chain Stitch Video Tutorial
- 9 - French Knot Video Updated
- 5 - How to Use a Laying Tool Video Tutorial
- 3 - Cretan Stitch – Close it Up!
- 29 - Video Tutorial: Basket Stitch
- 26 - Basic Embroidery Tip: Stem Stitch Corners
- 25 - Basic Embroidery: Stem Stitch Tips
- 22 - Developing a Spot Sampler: Herringbone
- 13 - A Tale of Two Hoops
- 12 - Chain Stitch Tip: Circles
- 11 - Developing a Spot Sampler: A Bit of Blackwork
- 8 - Developing a Spot Sampler: Add a Quaker Motif
- 7 - Embroidery Hoop Talk: Binding Both Rings
- 5 - Satin Stitch Length: Sometimes, It Just Doesn’t Work!
- 4 - Chain Stitch Switch: Adding a New Thread
- 29 - FAQ: Embroidery Fillings for Large Spaces
- 28 - Developing an Embroidered Spot Sampler: Initials
- 23 - Developing an Embroidered Spot Sampler – Index
- 22 - Developing a Spot Sampler: Selecting Colors
- 21 - Beginning Embroidery Most Frequently Asked Question: Design Transfer
- 20 - Developing a Spot Sampler: Fabric Set-Up
- 17 - A Few More Spots on the Sampler
- 4 - Embroidery Stitch Journals
- 29 - Removing the Linen Slub
- 16 - Hand Embroidered Pall: Finishing Work
- 12 - Orvus for Cleaning Vintage Linens, Needlework, Quilts, and Stuff
- 11 - And Thus the Tale Ends…
- 2 - Filling Letters with Stem Stitch
- 20 - Transfer Embroidery Designs with a Flair?
- 7 - On Princess Lace
- 6 - Goldwork Thread: Metal Purl
- 1 - Transferring Embroidery Designs using Silk Gauze and a Printer
- 29 - Spring in Italy Sampler: Pearsalls Silk
- 25 - Spring in Italy Sampler: Cotton Floche
- 23 - Hand Embroider a Tree!
- 22 - Spring in Italy Sampler: Wool Threads
- 20 - Hand Embroidery from Italian Pottery
- 11 - Silk and Gold and Lizardine
- 10 - Thread Drops: Fun and Convenient Thread Organization
- 6 - Elizabethan Twist on the Flower
- 3 - Perfect French Knots, Perfect Bullions
- 27 - The Dark Side of Embroidery: The BACK!
- 25 - Elizabethan Twist: Rooling and Spigging
- 22 - Hand Embroidery Tip: Care of Hands
- 19 - Floral Glove Needlecase: Decisions, Decisions…
- 24 - Drawn Thread Embroidery Tutorials
- 23 - Church Embroidery Step-by-Step: Agnus Dei
- 21 - Crewel Embroidery Project Step-by-Step: Crewel Rooster
- 21 - Goldwork Embroidery Project Step-by-Step: Stylized Pomegranate
- 6 - Goldwork Embroidery: Finis!
- 3 - Goldwork Embroidery Project: Finishing the Stem
- 29 - Goldwork Embroidery: Back to Silk
- 27 - Goldwork Embroidery: Finishing the Fruit!
- 23 - Goldwork Embroidery: Finishing the Tips with Passing Thread
- 18 - Goldwork Embroidery: Filling with Passing Thread
- 16 - Goldwork Embroidery: Pearl Purl Outlining
- 13 - Goldwork Embroidery: Chip Work and Check Purl
- 12 - Goldwork Embroidery: Check Thread
- 5 - Goldwork Embroidery: Time to Stitch!
- 1 - Goldwork Embroidery Project Underway!
- 28 - Crewel Embroidery: The Flowers Again
- 27 - Comparison of Wool Threads for Crewel Embroidery, part 1
- 21 - Crewel Embroidery: Rooster Head, Neck, Crown
- 19 - Crewel Rooster: Winging It
- 15 - Crewel Tail – Over For Now!
- 11 - A Crewel Tale … er … Tail
- 10 - Rooster Breast and Scallops: A Crewel Recipe
- 7 - Stem Stitch Filling on a Stem Stitched Stem
- 5 - Crewel Embroidery: Wool Threads – What Colors?
- 4 - Crewel Embroidery Rooster: Setting Up on Linen Twill
- 2 - It’s a Crewel, Crewel World
- 24 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 15: Finished
- 12 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 12: Coral Stitch and Adding an S
- 9 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 11: Little Word, Little Stitches
- 2 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 10: Combining Stitches and Colors
- 23 - Needlebook Progress: Satin Stitch Drawbacks
- 20 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering & Text 9: Combo Herringbone and Split Stitch
- 17 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering & Text 8: Split Stitch
- 11 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering & Text 7 in Satin Stitch and Chain Stitch
- 10 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering & Text 6: Buttonhole and Stem Stitch
- 5 - Hand Embroidered Lettering and Text 5: Whipped Backstitch
- 4 - Stitch Direction Makes a Difference
- 2 - Comparison of Flat Silks – Stitched Experiment
- 30 - Hand Embroidery on Gingham – Christmas Trees!
- 23 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 4: Stem Stitch
- 19 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 3: Dot the I
- 17 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text Index
- 15 - Hand Embroidery: Lettering and Text 2
- 18 - Long and Short Stitch Shading Lesson 8: A Simple Flower
- 12 - Linen for Hand Embroidery
- 10 - Long and Short Stitch Shading Lesson 7: More Complex Leaf
- 3 - Long and Short Stitch Shading Lesson 6: A Simple Leaf
- 27 - Long and Short Stitch Lesson 5: Shaded Curves
- 18 - Schwalm Update & In-Hand Embroidery
- 17 - Long and Short Stitch Shading Lesson 4: Circles, Flat and Round
- 13 - Setting Up Schwalm Whitework Embroidery Project
- 12 - Using Watercolor Pencils to Transfer Embroidery Designs
- 31 - Long and Short Stitch Shading Lesson 1: Setting Up a Project
- 30 - Tutorial: Binding an Embroidery Hoop
- 29 - The Embroidery Hoop
- 27 - Long and Short Stitch Shading – My Supplies
- 24 - Organizing Embroidery Threads for Projects
- 20 - The Back of Embroidery on a Flour Sack Towel
- 6 - Coton a Broder Questions, Floche, and Danish Flower Thread
- 19 - Cut it Out!
- 18 - Whitework Embroidery Sampler: The Monogram
- 15 - Satin Stitching with Metal Threads: Reader’s Work
- 13 - The Silk Mill: Trying Out New Silk Threads
- 3 - Goldwork Iris Underway
- 23 - Olive Oil, Sugar, and Needlework
- 14 - Drawn Thread Embroidery: Chain Loop Bunches
- 13 - Thread Organization Tips for Embroidery Threads
- 12 - Transferring an Embroidery Pattern using Tracing Paper
- 10 - Improving a Hand Embroidery Kit
- 9 - Hemstitch in Drawn Thread Embroidery – Photo Tutorial
- 7 - Free Hand Embroidery Pattern: Valentine!
- 30 - Or Nue: Goldwork in Color
- 28 - Drawn Thread Embroidery: Another Way to Secure the Edge
- 24 - Drawn Thread: Tutorial on Reweaving the Edges
- 16 - Tools for Metal Thread Embroidery
- 13 - Goldwork Tip: Stretching Pearl Purl
- 9 - Favorite Real Metal Thread: Pearl Purl
- 3 - Thread Painting Tips – a Follow Up
- 2 - When Less is More in Thread Painting and Shading Techniques
- 24 - Ending Embroidery Thread: Pull it Through
- 12 - False Starts: When do You Stop?
- 3 - The Christmas Chicken Part II: Whitework Card Embroidered on Red
- 28 - Starting Your Thread: Anchor Stitches on a Line
- 27 - Thread Conversion: Anchor, DMC, Soie d’Alger
- 25 - Starting a Thread: Away Waste Knot Photo Tutorial
- 25 - Tips and Tricks for Hand Embroidery
- 23 - Beginning and Ending Threads: Photo Tutorials on Common Methods
- 23 - Starting Your Thread: Waste Knot Photo Tutorial
- 18 - Goldwork Project: I Learned a New Technique
- 15 - Great Goldwork Technique!
- 9 - Reader’s Question: On Using a Scroll Frame for Ribbon Embroidery
- 22 - Tips on Stem Stitch & Another Embroidered Towel…
- 12 - Evertite Stretcher Bar Frames for Embroidery and Canvas Work
- 10 - Transferring your Embroidery Pattern onto a Dressed Slate Frame
- 5 - Dressing a Slate Frame for Embroidery: Photo Tutorial
- 27 - Free Pattern: Monogram for Hand Embroidery – The Real C!
- 20 - Hand Embroidered Monogram: Taking the Curves with Satin Stitch
- 19 - Using Iron-On Embroidery Patterns: Ironing On a Repeat Pattern
- 18 - Hand Embroidered Monogram on Linen Guest Towel, Part II
- 17 - Setting Up a Kids’ Embroidery Class – and Thread Organizers
- 9 - Where to Find Free Embroidery Patterns, Ideas, Tips, Tricks and all kinds of Other Stuff